imported post

Most everyone hates getting up early.
And just about everyone hates working.

How Early Do You Wake Up For Work?

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
imported post

Umm yeah...your poll doesn't list enough options...used to be 4 am but now up at 3 am, working in new department.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

On or about 4:00 AM. I hate to even take time to sleep.

Do you know that by the time you die you will have spent about twenty years of your life sleeping? That's astounding to me & such a waste.

·
Administrator
24,243 Posts
imported post

My house comes alive around 5:30am and I'm in the shower by 6:15am. My wife is out the door by 7 and I'm out by 8.

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

4:20 AM sharp. Then to the gym and then to work by 7:00 AM. Ahhhhhh ............. how I loved retirement !!! :b

·
Registered
420 Posts
imported post

4:00am every day for me, at my desk by 5:30am

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

I'm up at 5am, good thing I take a shower before I go to bed. I gotta be at work at 6, I usually get to work about a quarter till.

·
Banned
861 Posts
imported post

Duchess wrote:
On or about 4:00 AM. I hate to even take time to sleep.

Do you know that by the time you die you will have spent about twenty years of your life sleeping? That's astounding to me & such a waste.
People who regularly sleep soundly for 7 to 8 hours per day will usually live at least 25% longer then folks who don't. They aremore at ease, clear headed, and less likely to get too stressed out by life's little foibles. Sleep allows our bodies to de-tox and heal. It also allows our brains to unreel from the stress we go through each day and to analyze and solve our problems through dreaming.

I have sleep apnia. Life was not nearly as good beforeI was diagnosed and given an autoPap unit several years ago. I used to dread bedtime. I now look forward to it. I am now sleeping soundly for at least 7 hours per night, dreaming again,waking up ready to go, and doing far better at work and play.

Take it from one who was sleep deprived for decades. Don't discount the importance of a good night's sleep.

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
imported post

I usually go to bed around 4 or 5am, up at the crack of noon. My shifts are either 1400-0200 or 1600-0000. I also have the luck of working 300M from my home!

·
Registered
1,825 Posts
imported post

I love mornings.....best time of the day IMO! I get up at the same time of the day 7 days a week.....0530.

·
Registered
9,154 Posts
imported post

I get up at 6am, chiropractpr at 7am 3 days a week. The I drive to the train 15 minutes, and train ride to my building is 26 minutes! :)
Soo I'll be goign to 5:35am Cycling classes at the Y though so I'll have to get up at 4:45-5 those days :(

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

4a on Mondays and 5a the other days.

I don't really have a set time to be to work Tue-Fri, but I get up and to the office by 6:45-7a. I have a LOT of autonomy but try not to take advantage.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
imported post

From the poll results it seems like a lot of the members here are early risers. Interesting.

·
Registered
65 Posts
imported post

7:30 am

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
imported post

2 years ago, I woke up at around 6am in the morning and out of the house by 6:45 as I used to have a 50mile commute one way, which typically took 1hr 10mins on average. Was the worst commute I've had in my working life.

Fast forward 2 years later and I'm literally in the complete opposite situation as I found a new gig, working from home, doing the same thing I've been doing for the last 15 years, marketing video games. :c

My commute went from 1hr 10mins to "turning on my PC" in the morning.

I wake up at 7am to take the kids to school every morning now, then come back home to start work. Life is good :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts