Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi - All, looking at buying my wife a Tag Link WAT2312.BA0956 from Ebay in the US, it's not cheap, but it's also not as expensive as the listed price.

I have found one for sale, apparently new from liquidated stock, the Seller has provided me with some pics which i have attached, and has also sent a pic of the model/serial number engraved on the back.

The Only thing missing is the International warranty card.

Anything else I need to look for? I'm not sure how to spot a fake? - apparently there are a lot out there.

Appreciate any info or help I can get - Thanks again for you help :)

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Perhaps you could email Tag with the serial number and ask which model it was assigned to, and when, and see if you get a match?

A positive match does not tell you much, with any certainty, but a negative match would at least indicate it is not genuine.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Please Mr Post One

Read the sticky on how to tell what's real

I doubt you are, same line or subject

So hey, it's real buy it

·
13,076 Posts
I think it's fake, but I'm just guessing. I could say it's real, and I'd just be guessing too.

Seriously though....there's no way to know from some pics sent over the Internet...sorry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
6,358 Posts
Welcome to our fine watch community! Please introduce yourself because I assume you want to become a member and participate in all that is watches. My advice is to visit a TAG Heuer forum, like this one. Members there will most certainly be able to answer your question. WF is a general watch forum.

·
Registered
147 Posts
It is difficulty to identify whether the watch is fake or genuine. you can bring a professional person to observe the watch. that would be more helpful

·
Registered
1 Posts
First thing is to run the serial number through trusted.com, they have partnered up with TAG to keep a database of serial numbers tho there are fakes out there with legit serials, especially older models so beware.

Things to look for that I've seen personally with fake TAGs:

bracelet is lighter because of cheaper material, edges are too sharp not properly rounded, links mounted backwards, tag symbol on buckle extremely low quality, bezel is fixed but doesnt line up with markers, chrono counters dont reset to zero, chrono pushers too rigid, pull the crown out and if you see any type of discoloring whatsoever its a fake, TAG only uses stainless steel screws, blue red screws and its a fake.

Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
If it's at a flea market next to the Rolodex watches, right by the booth with the Alfine stereo's and the Sunny tv's...it's a fake. Buy from an authorized dealer, or have it's authenticity subjected to one that is able to participate. Too much at stake for amatures like us.

Not to mention giving your wife a fakerelli, she'll never let you forget it.

Best

·
6,358 Posts
An April 2016 thread guys and the OP never left any word again........

·
Marine Tunnel Rat
5,873 Posts
An April 2016 thread guys and the OP never left any word again........
That's because he was probably as legit as the watch he showed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts