Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Available immediately!

All Horween Baseball Glove Leather wallet no.2. The exterior Rawlings patch doubles as a key/cash pocket. Interior is lined black with four card slots and one large bill pocket. This wallet will break in beautifully and the leather will develop a rich golden brown color.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
I have to say one thing. Those things are epic. However, I hate wallets, perhaps cut that wallet in have, put slots on the one side with a money clip connected to it? I would buy in a second.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ginolicious, luckily I have a slim wallet version coming. I prefer slim but have carried one of these for about 3 months to test how well they hold up. Very pleased so far. Also, these a surprisingly thin and light for a bifold. The lining is a very thin but durable leather which helps reduce bulk without sacrificing strength. Stay in touch with...more to come

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
That's badass Dustin.

Reactions: n80leather

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ginolicious, huge thanks for your input. Upon yours and several others suggestion I'm gonna work a money clip onto the outside without drastically altering the aesthetics. After all revisions are made I'm considering a kickstarter campaign?!? I personally prefer mass produce then sell outright but the advantage to using a crowd fund is the "hype" and much bigger audience I'd be reaching.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Ginolicious, huge thanks for your input. Upon yours and several others suggestion I'm gonna work a money clip onto the outside without drastically altering the aesthetics. After all revisions are made I'm considering a kickstarter campaign?!? I personally prefer mass produce then sell outright but the advantage to using a crowd fund is the "hype" and much bigger audience I'd be reaching.

If you go that kickstarter route, just be aware that setting it up, the campaign itself etc will take up an ass load of your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
11,657 Posts
I'm wondering how Rawlings is going to react if you go the kickstarter route....since you'll be on radar at that point. I have a friend of a friend that used old Harley Davidson T-Shirts, etc, purchased at Goodwill and garage sales, to create a line of recycled clothing using these old rags.....Harley got wind of it, and said you'll need to stop this or else.

Thoughts?

Reactions: n80leather

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, I've considered those aspects, especially the licensing. I hadn't intended to use the Rawlings logo for the campaign and because each glove contains a patch costs minimum $65. Thanks for looking out for me Chef and #four.
I've sourced custom parts or could easily work without the logo. The money clip problem is solved. I just thought it would be cool to do a small 50-100 batch and share them. They are pretty cool but need a little bit more work.
I'm just some dude who would love to do this work everyday! I wish someone would hire me...

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Thanks guys, I've considered those aspects, especially the licensing. I hadn't intended to use the Rawlings logo for the campaign and because each glove contains a patch costs minimum $65. Thanks for looking out for me Chef and #four.
I've sourced custom parts or could easily work without the logo. The money clip problem is solved. I just thought it would be cool to do a small 50-100 batch and share them. They are pretty cool but need a little bit more work.
I'm just some dude who would love to do this work everyday! I wish someone would hire me...

If you were to do them, could you do more than 100? The work it takes to do a kickstarter, you need to make it worth it.
What would be your goal and rewards? What would be your stretch goals?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My initial estimate was for 100 slim wallets with an estimated 2-3 month production-ship timeframe. I'd have to hire and train people to do more. The extra work done for the campaign would be worth it even at 100. Have set up Progressive goals starting at a modest price, 50% retail and maxing out at 75% retail. Yes, stretch goals would include a matching watch strap and bifold wallet. I had considered making those extra options another tier in the campaign instead of "unlocking" them once the project was funded. Might be incentive for the consumer to spread the campaign if I did hold them back?!?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
If you want to avoid the copy right infringement for a kick starter campaign I have another suggestion to make.

Even though I do truly enjoy the Rawlings logo, perhaps remove it entirely.

Now on one side you have the build in money clip, don't make it metal, rather have metal wrapped in the baseball leather.

On the very top of the wallet have an opening so that you can put cards in there.

On the other side of the wallet have 2-3 slots for cards. I personally only carry about 4-5 cards, but the top slot will help to keep the misc cards that are not used as frequently.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
fantastic Dustin. You're work is perfect. Those look great!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts