Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Source - http://www.flylyf.com/mbf-horological-machine-n°1/

Horological Machine No1 is an extremely sophisticated timepiece on many levels: visually, technically and emotionally. It is as much, if not more, art and sculpture as micro-engineering. By designing and constructing its first three-dimensional machine MB&F broke free of the constraints imposed by traditional horology.

HM1 is a totally original timepiece, featuring hours and minutes on separate dials, raised central one-minute tourbillon, seven-day power reserve, four mainspring barrels and both automatic and manual winding. It has a radical new design and construction plus a brand new movement with 376 parts and 81 functional jewels.

While the most visual technical element of the movement is the rotating one-minute tourbillon on top of the dial, it was the four massive mainspring barrels that dominated HM1’s design and construction. There is no mistaking the three-dimensionality of Horological Machine No1, both in the sheer volume of the case and in the multiple strata of its dial.

The depth and complexity of the dial encourages and rewards an oblique viewpoint as there is so much more to see than simply the time. The single arm of the tourbillon [email protected]), reminiscent of vintage Breguet pocket watches, allows an uninterrupted view right into the beating heart of the movement.

See more pictures and read more at http://www.flylyf.com/mbf-horological-machine-n°1/

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'll take two. One in each dial color. :bhh

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Too bad it only had 81-Jewels! What a piece of junk!

:lol:lol:lol:lol

That is an astounding piece of machinery for the wrist!

WOW!

It sucks that one needs this kind of $$$ to be able to own and appreciate something like this!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I think I'm gonna be in the minority but I think that thing is butt ugly. I wouldn'twear that thing on my wrist if it was given to me!

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

I have to agree with a couple of the previous posts about this timepiece. I am not sure I like the way it looks, also. ....Bob

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Some things no matter how well they are thought out shouldnt be built. That is one of Stupidest looking pieces of A$$ I have ever seen to put on a wrist WTF is wrong with people!

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
imported post

They should have named it the Gizmo.

Designed in a room full of drunken monkeys.

I actually would wear this, onlyif it was given to me.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Some things no matter how well they are thought out shouldnt be built. That is one of Stupidest looking pieces of A$$ I have ever seen to put on a wrist WTF is wrong with people!
Ron, I tend to agree with you that this one, and many of the other wild ones like this, are a little silly looking. But I fully believe that they are intended to be like original art. That is why only 5 or 10 are ever made. I imagine that they are never actually worn and very wealthy collectors put them on display in much larger collections.

I can understand that for people with unlimited funds and watch collecting as their hobby.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Yeah TV BUT: people here complain about Invicta and the loss of value, Yet some Dumb rich F&^% waste's this kind of money on a this? Wears the logic there?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Yeah TV BUT: people here complain about Invicta and the loss of value, Yet some Dumb rich F&^% waste's this kind of money on a this? Wears the logic there?
I think the difference is simply in the volume made. Invcita (and most other brands) will make tens of thousands of watches a month, year, etc - There will only be 5 or 10 of these made....ever. These watches take months and months to make each by hand and the mass produced watches come off an assemply line in the thousands per hour/day.

As this is relative to "scale" of the buyer. The buyer for one of these is not thinking about the cost. It is something to own to say they own it. to show their other rich watch collecting friends that they own this. Like a piece of expensive wall art. Very similar to that I think.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Too each is own, but damn!

TVDinner wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I think the difference is simply in the volume made. Invcita (and most other brands) will make tens of thousands of watches a month, year, etc - There will only be 5 or 10 of these made....ever. These watches take months and months to make each by hand and the mass produced watches come off an assemply line in the thousands per hour/day.

As this is relative to "scale" of the buyer. The buyer for one of these is not thinking about the cost. It is something to own to say they own it. to show their other rich watch collecting friends that they own this. Like a piece of expensive wall art. Very similar to that I think.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.