Watch Freeks banner

21 - 40 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
The first is the Blancpain 50 fathoms, I love the style of this watch but it will always be out of my price range. The second picture is the one that I have on pre order, the Borealis Sea Storm.
Hopefully I should have the Sea Storm on my wrist in January 2019.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using a dial up modem.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
That's what I'm talking about! Nicely done desk_diver! That's a great looking watch and congratulations! Did you get yours on the bracelet too? Welcome to the Home of Homage!:smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
That's what I'm talking about! Nicely done desk_diver! That's a great looking watch and congratulations! Did you get yours on the bracelet too? Welcome to the Home of Homage!:smile-thumb2:
Yes I did thanks, a bracelet is always my first choice, followed by isofrane style rubber. Although I may have to try a tropic rubber on this one as well.

Reactions: BevoWatch

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
This Fortis piece caught my fancy but again can't find one around readily available or attainable.

I then came across this super affordable piece that reminded me of it so I bought it.

~v~

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
The Grand Seiko(GS) line from Seiko really puts out some fantastic watches.
Here is one I would love to have someday...

Luckily, Seiko has a non-GS version homage in the SARB033. It's my GS as in Great Savings or Great Sensibility:biggrin1:

Love this watch folks!
Anyway, keep em coming folks.
~v~​

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Talking about that beautiful Blancpain FF, I put one together without the "pain" in my wallet part.:biggrin1:
I went Russian and came up with this homage...

A little bit of lume...

Looks great on leather even...

This turned out awesome IMO folks! Such a fun piece.
Great outdoorsy watch all around.

~v~

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Dig the simplicity and legibility of this field watch and though not the most expensive Swiss watch, this will still cost me a few hundred $...

This is my sub-hundred $ alternative...

It even has lume...

and here is my sub $50 grab-n-go piece homage also...

Indiglo for evening function and practicality...

Betcha it's even more accurate to get the job done...

~v~

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
There will always be haters. We have plenty of them here as well. This is worth watching...

Just remember that it's your watch, your money and in the end, it's for your enjoyment.

~v~

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'd never kick this watch out of my box if I have it but it's bit out of my budget reach...

but luckily I have this affordable that reminds me of it. One of my bigger watch but it's a pilot watch so it works.

~v~

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
I'd never kick this watch out of my box if I have it but it's bit out of my budget reach...

but luckily I have this affordable that reminds me of it. One of my bigger watch but it's a pilot watch so it works.

~v~
I like it but for that style of watch although the Tudor is good it would have to be the original Rolex Explorer. I say this and I can't afford either. That is where the homage fits in and it looks great too.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
How about this one?

I'm sure the price Tag is a bit out of reach too...

but this one is very much attainable...;)

One of Timex best IMO. Solid all around. Excellent fit and finish.
~v~

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
No I can't argue with that one, that Timex is a beauty.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts

~v~

Let me add my own:

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Home of Homage guys, remember that. Go find yourself the Home of Haters. Let folks with homage watches enjoy it for what it is.

No hate from me! I own 2 of the homage pieces show so far. My point was a little imagination in a "look alike" piece is appreciated. A straight copy is simply a ripoff imo.

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
No hate from me! I own 2 of the homage pieces show so far. My point was a little imagination in a "look alike" piece is appreciated. A straight copy is simply a ripoff imo.

Show us your homage pieces, pretty please with sugar on top.

21 - 40 of 90 Posts