Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Are the holidays a big deal at your house ?...Do you decorate inside & out ?...Parties ?

I don't have children so, that leaves me to be the biggest kid around, I even have a stocking that says, "No Candy ~ Just Cash"...I do a great deal of decorating & I throw 2-3 parties...As far as I am concerned, the holiday season begins on November 1...Have you got big plans for this holiday season ?

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

We usually make a big deal about the holidays Duchess, but I can't help but think things will be a little reserved this season. I still have to have my 9' tree though. Like you, I'm still a kid inside.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

holidays are bigger for my wife then for me. she gets all into decorating the tree and the house, etc etc. i have gotten more into it in recent years since having children and of course that is fun because they are having fun.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
i have gotten more into it in recent years since having children and of course that is fun because they are having fun.
I borrow my godson to do all that fun stuff with...I was the first one to take him to see Santa & given his reaction you would have thought I had sent him straight to hell & he encountered the devil himself.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Love the holidays more now than when I was younger. When I was younger it was all about me but now with children and an extended family I enjoy giving and watching others reactions/enjoyment. Big deal to me. Lots of parties either thrown or attending every year. The only downer is all the travel.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I LOVE the holidays! We decorate the house and I'm like a little kid. This year the presents will be scaled back a little but we should have a blast as usual!

·
Registered
512 Posts
imported post

We split Thanksgiving and Christmas. My sister-in-law has Thanksgiving and we have Christmas.

I may make dinner again this year. I HAD to make them an authentic family dinner. I made my Grandma's Baked Mostacioli, homemade "GRAVY" (sauce for you non-italians), homemade meatballs and REAL Italian Sausage (not that Johnsonville stuff). It's always a lot of prep work, but worth it to see them enjoy it. I don't know how my Grandma did it every Sunday.

We don't have kids, so we spoil our Niece and nephews, and my friends' kids, one of which is my goddaughter. Basic decorations though. I'm not a Clark Griswold type!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Not any more. The grandkids are adults, and now even the greatgrandchildren are too old and only want $$$.

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

The Holidays are huge in my home...I have a 3 1/2 year old son that is spoiled to no end...I didnt have a father around for me so I go all out for him to make it very special...

·
Registered
69 Posts
imported post

Having kids around is special. Enjoy decorating and taking a little time off to catch one's breath. I guess I can understand why bears hibernate this time of year. Just think how much money I could save and fewer watches I would buy if I too went into hibernation?. LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts