1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

[align=center]![/align]

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

It's a good idea, but I don't have any that I'm willing to part with at the moment. When I get tired of a watch I usually pass it on to my boys.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

I think the true problem right now is that with the economy the way it is most would rather sell and get what they can.........to buy more watches that is.

Gina and I give about $3K a year to charitable Organizations every year. It helps with the taxable Income!

·
Registered
864 Posts
imported post

I donate, donate, donate! give alot of clothing, jackets and blanketsto GW ans SA plus donate to almost every cause in the monterey bay area through our business but not too keen on giving away any of my watches! These people need food and clothing, a watch would end up at the pawn shop or stolen! I like to give away watches but do it on forums to people who dig them!! :)

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I will give it a go....I have some older watches in excellent condition that I will give to my wife's work place. They can then put them up as raffle items on Friday morning, as they have a company breakfast and raffle off items there. The raffle money is then given to the Shriners Burn Hospital in Galveston. I have donated golf items for raffles already this year...and will be more than happy to donate a watch or two to help children at the Shriners Hospital.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Being new to colectingwatches since july. I donthave anything I dont still wear, but I do donate clothes and things I no longer use

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Anything you do is totally your business, I am not trying to demand anything from anyone,

God knows I am in no shape right now to be making donations either.

Charity begins at home and we have to take care of that first, if you need to sell a watch instead of donating,

please don't feel badly, that is just life here in the Good Ole' USA right now.

This thread was only meant to plant a seed of thought in your mind about "Hmmm, could I..." and you take it from there.

·
Registered
154 Posts
imported post

as 'bichondaddy' stated the SHRINERS HOSPITAL is a great group of folks. when my oldest son was 13 (now well and 30) he had a hip injury that the doctors at YALE couldn't treat so i contacted the shriners 'post' in milford,ct. the sent a van with driver and took us to our appt. at shriners hospital in Springfield, Mass.. just the exam by their ortho. dr. blew me away and they would not take my insurance as they said they didn't accept insurance as they will not be dictated how to treat their kids. they wouldn't even let us buy the driver or pay for our own lunch! while waiting for our appt. i looked around and saw small eff. apts. that parents stay in free of charge for overnight and longer term when needed. the driver would not even take a $20 bill towards gas at the end of the trip when he dropped us off at our door step.the men who wear the 'fez' hat are big hearted and what 'bichondaddy's' wife does is a wonderful thing. i would like to thank you for helping the shriners and i also donate to them with toysRus gift cards EVERY december since my visit there 17 years ago..rob

1 - 10 of 10 Posts