Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Danica did much better thatmany expected. The first video shows Danica saving her car after be bumped off the track and into the infield grass. The second video shows all her highlights form her race today.

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/VtXm5jO2E0Y&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/FN0ouAxw6NM&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

That was a nice save! She was bumped by Nelson Piquet, JR., who until last season was a "disgraced" F1 driver.

I think she did very well for her 1st race in a different series.

Thanks for posting these, Bob. :)

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

I'm surprised she has time to race given all the commercials she is shooting. I guess you could say the same about Peyton Manning.....

·
Registered
117 Posts
imported post

She was as low as 24th after the spinout and fought her way back to 6th place. Pretty good for her first time out. I am not sure how she will do long term, but this seems like a sport where the men and women can be on equal footing (no pun intended) when everyone starts the race. Kind of like bowling where a woman just won a mixed tournament last week. There are a few sports where both sexes are probably going to compete on an equal level.

http://www.boston.com/sports/other_.../2010/02/07/patrick_sixth_in_stock_car_debut/

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

I like her; she's ballsey. I hope my daughter has the same drive and "huevos" she does.

Now for the really serious part; she should be forced to wear lingerie while she's driving....LOL (yeah I know, horrible and sexist).:%:%

CJ

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

CurrentTime wrote:
That was a nice save! She was bumped by Nelson Piquet, JR., who until last season was a "disgraced" F1 driver.

I think she did very well for her 1st race in a different series.

Thanks for posting these, Bob. :)
Your welcome! I have seen her race a few times at the speedways. Danica is an exciting racer to watch. One of my favorite drivers. ....Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

Spaceview wrote:
I'm surprised she has time to race given all the commercials she is shooting. I guess you could say the same about Peyton Manning.....
Hi Marc, it is amazing how she handles her free time! She like Peyton Manning are talented and continue to work very hard to get better. ....Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
imported post

Seattle wrote:
I like her; she's ballsey. I hope my daughter has the same drive and "huevos" she does.

Now for the really serious part; she should be forced to wear lingerie while she's driving....LOL (yeah I know, horrible and sexist).:%:%

CJ
I like Danica! I think she is a great role model for kids. She leads a clean life and works hard to be the best. She does have a lead foot in her personal car but she's races hot rods.

OOOOOhhhhh CJ, you bad!:lolDidn't you know that Indy and Nascar outlawed wearing lingerie while racing. But I do understand where your coming from! :b! ....Bob

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

She did very well indeed. She really showed her overall racing experience getting from the back to the front pack. She is an excellent driver and really showed some skill when she got pushed off the track by Piquet. Now, you have to put this all in persopective, after all this was ARCA, not Busch or Nextel. She will likely have her hands full when she ventures into Busch series at California. I don't believe she will race at Daytina due to many Nextel Cup drivers drive in the Busch race.

I was impressed, she held her own, now she moves up to the next level.

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Thanks....a little tongue and cheek there.
Hell, I'm human....she's a good looking lady!:b

Seriously, I do admire her; having a daughter I could only hope that she (my little one) is as "tough" through life.

CJ

Bob wrote:
Seattle wrote:

CJ
I like Danica! I think she is a great role model for kids. She leads a clean life and works hard to be the best. She does have a lead foot in her personal car but she's races hot rods.

OOOOOhhhhh CJ, you bad!:lolDidn't you know that Indy and Nascar outlawed wearing lingerie while racing. But I do understand where your coming from! :b! ....Bob

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
imported post

WatchNut wrote:
She did very well indeed. She really showed her overall racing experience getting from the back to the front pack. She is an excellent driver and really showed some skill when she got pushed off the track by Piquet. Now, you have to put this all in persopective, after all this was ARCA, not Busch or Nextel. She will likely have her hands full when she ventures into Busch series at California. I don't believe she will race at Daytina due to many Nextel Cup drivers drive in the Busch race.

I was impressed, she held her own, now she moves up to the next level.
Hi WatchNut, In my humble opinion the difference between Danica and the top drivers in Nascar is her experience. I have seen her abilities in person a few times at the speedways. The first time I seen her race I thought "that driver has ice water in her veins" the way she kept coming back to run with the lead drivers. Always trying to put herself in a position to win. Yes, she is one of my favorite racers.A kid from my home state who is doing well. ....Bob

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
imported post

So, yesterday it was announced that Danica is going to race in the Nationwide race next Saturday at Daytona. Since this is almost a Nextel race,as so many of the Nextel drives choose to race in this 1 Nationwide race, I hope they play nice with their new friend!!!:%:%:%

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.