Watch Freeks banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

Hi everyone!

Am very much enjoying being a part of the ShopNBC watch team, and as such reading the resulting correspondence. One request I've found consistently landing in my mail has been the question if I would be doing any high end watch shows. Frankly I've not been sure until quite recently, but am pleased to announce that high end will officially be returning to ShopNBC, at least for one night, as Juan from SWI and myself will be presenting a select lineup of hand built Maurice LaCroix.

Ladies and gentlemen, these are no ordinary timepieces so you are looking for run of the mill I must suggest looking elsewhere. If, on the other hand (or wrist.. sorry, couldn't resist) you are looking for handcrafted Swiss excellence at substantial savings then this is the show that you simply cannot miss. This happens during our two hour Watch Collector's Event Monday December 14th at 10p east - 7p west.

Despite the fact that it is a comparatively young Swiss watch brand, Maurice LaCroix are already known for their intricacies and attention to detail in the production of high-quality timepieces. The quality is so outstanding that Maurice Lacroix watches have already made some breakthrough innovative developments in the world of timepieces. Maurice Lacroix is a fairly young company, being in the US market since 1995 and the European since 1975, based on an exclusive manufacturing facility founded in 1961. In just a few years the company has established a name for itself as producing attractive mechanical watches with surprising additional functions.

Our lineup will include timepieces that are nothing short of exquisite. Consider for example, that among the pieces being considered for the show include the Phase De Lune Automatic (retail 7600.00), a magnificent watch that features a pointer date, day/month, with a spectacular moonphase display at the 6 position. Or perhaps the mens' Jour Retrograde (retail $8100.00), which is an exquisite piece featuring a double rotor mechanical big date as well as retrograde day complications, among other features. Pieces on this level should be viewed with great interest by all watch enthusiasts.

There will be other Maurice LaCroix timepieces (and brands) featured as well, including some beautiful rectangles, but am hopeful that mentioning these two will whet the appetite. Am going to stay away from pricing at this point given that Top Men are working on it right now, but I can share from what I have seen that not only will these watches be priced very attractively, I have seen some comparisons that could show a savings of thousands over other sources! I can also tell you that there are some in the lineup which may well be under a thousand dollars, WAY under in fact, which presents an extremely unusual situation for a collector looking to acquire on this level!

Maurice LaCroix is not the only brand involved, and given Juan's insight and expertise this show should be of great interest to all. I do hope you can join us for the event!

· Premium Member
25,162 Posts

· Registered
261 Posts
imported post

Glad I read this thread. When I saw the title "High end returns to SNBC, I thought it was about people returning high end watches they had bought. LOL Nice to see that there are some more high end watches coming (although I can't afford the low end right now!) It's still fun to watch the shows.

· Registered
188 Posts
imported post

Question about the high end SWI's I almost bought V91309 the other night. I know it has the prized Valjoux 7750, but how do you thin it would stack up against an Omega Seamaster with the co-axe movt? I'm getting one of the two. Just not sure which is better in terms of craftsmanship and quality. I don't care about the name.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
imported post

good catch on "returns" lol must be more careful on my wording :)

vbobdriveguy wrote:
Glad I read this thread. When I saw the title "High end returns to SNBC, I thought it was about people returning high end watches they had bought. LOL Nice to see that there are some more high end watches coming (although I can't afford the low end right now!) It's still fun to watch the shows.

· Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
imported post

well, have seen some (not all) of the lineup for tonight, and I can tell you that some beautiful mechanicals and mechanical automatics will be included, and from brands such as Maurice LaCroix and Elini. There is one rectangular mechanical in particular for anyone looking for an elegant understated gentlemens dress watch (Maurice LaCroix), as well as some of their great retrograde work, many of which featuring solid 925 silver handwrought dials. The Elini is really cool too, just a very different vibe to the design of course.

Another thing I've found in researching this is that ShopNBC is being extremely competitive in pricing; often hundreds, and in one case as much a several thousand dollars less than competing sources.

As many of you know, Juan is extremely knowledgeable and this should be a great show with a great lineup. Do hope you will join us; Monday evening 10p east - 7p west!

Tim

· Banned
556 Posts
imported post

JFM wrote:
Question about the high end SWI's I almost bought V91309 the other night. I know it has the prized Valjoux 7750, but how do you thin it would stack up against an Omega Seamaster with the co-axe movt? I'm getting one of the two. Just not sure which is better in terms of craftsmanship and quality. I don't care about the name.
The omega seamaster chrono 300m uses 2 movements. ones the coaxial, the other is a base 7750.I have the 7750 version in black.Its flawless.You can tell the difference between them by the dial layout.the 7750 is 6,9,12. the coaxial is 3,6,9.

heres my version.

· Premium Member
25,162 Posts
imported post

Tim Temple wrote:
good catch on "returns" lol must be more careful on my wording :)

vbobdriveguy wrote:
FUNNY, I changed the thread title for you :)

· Administrator
11,594 Posts
imported post

dedward wrote:
JFM wrote:
The omega seamaster chrono 300m uses 2 movements. ones the coaxial, the other is a base 7750.I have the 7750 version in black.Its flawless.You can tell the difference between them by the dial layout.the 7750 is 6,9,12. the coaxial is 3,6,9.

heres my version.

Do yourself a favor and get the Omega!

· Registered
514 Posts
imported post

. . . Just wanted to say. . . I enjoyed the hellout of the show last night! Tim and Juan did agreat job IMO, and it was awesome to see the ML watches on air. Retail pricing and all that aside, they are gorgeous!!!!!

The "white glove" treatment and careful handling of the pieces was a trip as well . . . instead of the customary banging about of the display models. I really enjoy having Tim in my living room . . . . and Juan too . . . .

· Premium Member
25,162 Posts
imported post

randyswagon wrote:
. . . Just wanted to say. . . I enjoyed the hellout of the show last night! Tim and Juan did agreat job IMO, and it was awesome to see the ML watches on air. Retail pricing and all that aside, they are gorgeous!!!!!

The "white glove" treatment and careful handling of the pieces was a trip as well . . . instead of the customary banging about of the display models. I really enjoy having Tim in my living room . . . . and Juan too . . . .
I completely agree. Was a lot of fun and educational to see all of the different watches and beautiful designs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.