Watch Freeks banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Long Time Member
8,308 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
imported post

Now, I'm not buying this but it really has a nice look to it. Don't really know too much about the brand. Looks like a nice Chinese movement, though.

[*]Strap: Genuine leather
[*]Movement: Automatic w/ 21 Jewels
[*]Crystal: Mineral
[*]Crown: Push/pull
[*]Clasp: Buckle
[*]Strap Measurements: 9-1/2" L x 24mm W
[*]Case Measurements: 45mm L x 45mm W
[*]Water Resistance: 5 ATM - 50 meters - 165 feet

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Not bad. A classy dress look with the open heart view. I think I have seen a few similar to that when looking at all the Chinese watches recently.

·
Registered
743 Posts
imported post

IMHO, definitely Chinese, but I'd be the last guy to disparage that in any way! ...

However, the retrograde date, in fact ANY retrograde complications, ...
... are particularly worrisome to me 'cause of the extreme forces that are exerted ...
... on the movement whenever the function 'snaps back!'

'In the fullness of time', I can't see how that watch - or, for that matter, ...
... ANY watch "so conceived and so dedicated, can long endure!"
... with, of course, BIG Kudos to A. Lincoln for such an erudite and articulate phrase!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I do like the looks of this model but I'll be honest, I wouldn't buy anything from AK. Just mu opinion. I don't buy too many watches in a year so when I do, I want something better than what they have to offer. JMHO and nothing else.

·
Registered
435 Posts
imported post

I started a "side" collection recently, focusing on "different" and unique complications which includes a lot of retrogrades. I picked this one up for that collection. Works fine and is very accurate -4 over 36 hrs. It seems the Chinese are doing all sorts of complications these days.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.