Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a beautiful diver with an exceptional look, lume, size, 2892 mov't, case, and everything really but, well, its a pretty boring watch with a brown case, brown dial and brown rubber strap. Nice? Sure. Fine as is? Sure. Boring? Heck yeah. VSA makes several very cool pieces but they often are lacking in what I call the "oomph" or wrist-excitement area.

Simple little fix is a strap mod or to stay with the rubber/diver theme, I thought this isofrane in orange might liven things up. I really got the idea from trying on an Oris Aquis (black dial and case and also 43mm) with an orange strap the other day. I thought it looked exceptional and I like the dark brown of the VSA with the subdued orange of the isofrane even more than the Oris look. Of course, the Oris clasp blows everything out of the water. Unfortunately, VSA can't touch the Aquis clasp. It does look really cool to me with this iso mod though and its always nice to find a use for an orange rubber, too. What do you folks think?

Not very good pics but here is a little 'Before and After':

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good. You should get the rest of the bezel lumed too! I did it with a black version and it was fantastic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What an excellent idea, Mark. Did you lume up the 30, 40 and 50? I think it might give the watch a little better symmetry anyway.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks good but I think I might go tan canvas with that watch

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

You know, I happen to have a nice Drew canvas in tan, 22mm, that I will check out in a few days. Thanks for the creative idea here!

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
Cool watch, I agree with mark... Lume it up

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts
What an excellent idea, Mark. Did you lume up the 30, 40 and 50? I think it might give the watch a little better symmetry anyway.

Here are a few photos, it was done by IWW:

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
If you got it from the Joma deal, great pick-up. With that movement in it, that price was outstanding. Besides, it's definitely a classic.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
Here are a few photos, it was done by IWW:

Yawza! That really transforms this watch into something special!

·
Super Moderator
10,596 Posts
Thinking it's awesome Mesh ! :cool: :cool: Really makes for a terrific combo, and really does kick up the excitement factor with the watch. Not that the watch isn't fantastic stock, but here you actually transformed the watch, and made it come alive even more for the Summer. :eek: Excellent job sir ! Hopefully you'll be wearing it even more now.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts
Hey, Nate, maybe you can rig that watch up for wi-fi and email notification.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts