Watch Freeks banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,931 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if any of you guys caught this news today.

Maybe you have already heard about this one. It's HEXA's new watch the Osprey.

The watch is going to be hand assembled right here in the U.S., and will even have a specially numbered case-back, and signed rotor. With other details including a nice ceramic bezel insert, BGW Super-Luminova, 300m WR, two cool new dial choices, as well as micro-adjusting ratcheting clasp on it's bracelet. The movement behind it all will evidently be Miyota's 9015 too everyone.

Check it out...

Oceanictime with a lot more...

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2015/08/hexa-osprey-rugged-refinement.html

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Yeah, I didn't want to be the first to comment, especially since I did not participate in the F74 project on WUS, but there has been some criticism about this model. While being nearly identical with the exception of the dial color and the new exhibition caseback, people seem to be a little put off by the price. For what it is I think it is a little out of my league.

·
11,665 Posts

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I always thought Limited Editions were supposed to have the higher price due to it's premium and limited nature.

I guess I'm COMPLETELY clueless.

On a positive note. I've always like the design on this one. The only reason I didn't jump in on one originally is that it had too similar a vibe to my Helson SD42. At this price though, I'm definitely out.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Was wondering if any of you guys caught this news today.

Maybe you have already heard about this one. It's HEXA's new watch the Osprey.

The watch is going to be hand assembled right here in the U.S., and will even have a specially numbered case-back, and signed rotor. With other details including a nice ceramic bezel insert, BGW Super-Luminova, 300m WR, two cool new dial choices, as well as micro-adjusting ratcheting clasp on it's bracelet. The movement behind it all will evidently be Miyota's 9015 too everyone.

Check it out...

Oceanictime with a lot more...

http://oceanictime.blogspot.com/2015/08/hexa-osprey-rugged-refinement.html
Looks like a real winner! :smile-thumb2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
There has been quite a bit of discussion about the Osprey, as it relates to the F74 so we would like to share our thoughts.

We offered the F74 at a significantly lower price, because we wanted to make it affordable for the forum members who had collaborated with us on the various polls and surveys while we developed the watch. We did not have much markup on the F74 watch - and it was quite expensive to produce, due to the details like clean sheet design, matte ceramic bezel, applied markers, sunray dial, ratcheting clasp, etc. So, unfortunately, rather than the perception being that the F74 was a great deal, the assumption is that the Osprey is overpriced, comparatively. It should also be noted the the Osprey is hand assembled in the USA and includes a display case back and signed rotor - which adds significant cost to each piece. The lume on the Osprey is the improved version that we are using on F74 dial swaps. As mentioned above, we are currently offering $250 off the MSRP now as an introductory offer - so the price is currently $699, rather than $949 - much closer to the F74’s $550 price.

Regarding the design - we stated from the outset of the F74 project that we intended to use this as a platform for a new family of watches. All the options that we offered for voting on in the project were designed by us - we created a lot of options for each round and the members voted to choose from these for the colors, hand shape, etc. So while this was a true collaboration, we only used original elements from our end. The one member-submitted piece of art on the F74 was the Cthulhu drawing on the case back, which was not used on the Osprey. The dial graphics and colors, display case back and USA assembly are unique to the Osprey. Since the F74 design was met with such enthusiasm, we wanted to create a follow up that retained what made the watch a success and offer some new flavors and a few unique touches.

We are very excited to celebrate the launch of the our newest offering with the Dive for the Osprey Contest. This is your chance to win a Hexa Osprey and an adventure to get it. http://www.divefortheosprey.com

Read the story. Decipher the clues. Win the watch.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts