Watch Freeks banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
imported post

Well, now they added the rest of the story . . .

Connecticut men's basketball coach Jim Calhoun says he is taking a medical leave of absence.

The university released a statement from University of Connecticut Health Center physician Peter Schulman, M.D., Jim Calhoun's primary care physician:

"It is my recommendation that Coach Calhoun take a medical leave from his coaching position to address some temporary medical issues, none of which involve any previous medical conditions that he has dealt with."

The university also released a statement from UConn Director of Athletics Jeffrey A. Hathaway:

"Our primary concern is Coach Calhoun's health and his complete recovery. We will do everything possible to support Coach during this time. Jim and I both know that the men's basketball program is in very capable hands under the leadership of Associate Head Coach George Blaney."

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

He has had several medical issues in the past few years. It might be the way the team is playing. I know I have gotten ill watching them recently. No seriously, I hope it is nothing serious, he is a hall of fame coach and a class guy.

·
Premium Member
25,155 Posts
imported post

man that sucks. I hate that my coach is out again. his health has been getting worse and worse each year. I hope he is OK and back soon.

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
man that sucks. I hate that my coach is out again. his health has been getting worse and worse each year. I hope he is OK and back soon.
According to UConn spokesperson Kyle Muncy, Cahoun's leave is neither heart- nor cancer-related and he won't need to be hospitalized. Calhoun is a three-time cancer survivor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.