Watch Freeks banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I'm going to attempt another shoot tonight. I really hope my proposed location is dark enough, and the haze stays away.
Nowadays there's so much light pollution anywhere you go that most people don't know or have ever experienced how overwhelmingly awesome the night sky looks with zero light pollution because it's getting very hard to find anyplace to view the night sky with no light pollution... Sad...

But I still love my easy life so I'm not anti-technology, I not crazy! lolol

·
Registered
22 Posts
In 1994 I was fortunate enough to sail a 181 foot tall ship from San Francisco to Hilo Hi, to Victoria BC over the summer. You want a dark sky, try 1000 miles in any direction to the nearest land. Yeah it was awesome. Sadly I didn't have a camera that could take advantage of the night sky.

Here are a few from this evenings shoot from Lake Berryessa.

I have more, but its 040 in the morning, and I have work at 0700... I need to get to bed.

Will

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Stunning shots! Just look at all those stars in the last shot, But I know it must be hard to capture in a picture how it looks in person, Hell I can't even take a good picture of watches so forget about the universe! lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm looking forward to seeing what I got with the other camera that had the 500mm lens on it. I should also finish going through the ones on this camera to see if there is anything else really awesome (or equally awesome) before I move onto the other card.

I think I have a nice shot on the other camera showing the ion tail nicely, but I won't know for sure until I process the shot.

Will

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Looking forwards to them!

I've saved some for my desktop!

·
Super Moderator
9,886 Posts
That is what is known as out of this world Will ! :alien:
(See what I did there?) 😄