Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Watch Freek
621 Posts
Until I just googled it I'd never heard of the brand Hemsut.
As you didn't provide a link I will: Hemsut Watch Bands | The Best Straps Collections
I believe its telling that it's relativly unknown; its few reviews reads more like paid advertisements.

What activities will you be subjecting it to? What kind of watch use (dress-up = bracelet, physical work = nylon, sports/diving = rubber or nylon, impressing the ladies = leather/ reminds them of shoes and purses)?

My biased opinion: silicone is cheap and only worth that. I have a single rubber (vulcanized) strap, it seems quite durable and non sticky.

·
Oris Freek
4,231 Posts
anyone bought these straps ,was looking at the rubber /silicone two tone
Yes, I have purchased both leather and canvas. And I have been pleasantly pleased with what I got for the price. The leather is so good that I replaced the OEM on my Seiko Cocktail Time. Much more soft and comfortable. And I think that they are all quick release. Can't speak for the rubber or silicone as I haven't gone there yet. But, IMO, highly recommended...

·
Watch Freek
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks, its for my speedmaster,not being disrespectful to omega but the strap prices are just to high,as here in the uk its cold most of the time and the speedy is quite heavy,it slips down over my wrist which I hate ,got it on a handmade leather atm still the same so thought of rubber /silicone ,as long as the strap looks ok im not bothered its not oem ,but due to what ive just said I very rarely wear the watch.looked at sailcloth but not sure

·
Watch Freek
621 Posts
If slipping is your chief complaint then consider elastic straps:
The two elastics that I've tried include:

The Hook Strap™ Stainless Steel - Elastic Watch Band — Nick Mankey Designs (My preferred strap, but VERY Slow to receive)

another big name contender: https://erikasoriginals.com/

Both above tested elastics were very comfortable with no slipping ... but don't get them wet. While water won't hurt them they'll take forever to dry on your arm.

·
Watch Freek
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok thank you for the replies I ordered from the link posted ,maybe should of looked on e bay but its done now not much in it pricewise ,as for the ladies wrascal that's long gone mate .

·
Watch Freek
621 Posts
PR, RIP, 2022. He gave up on the ladies.

I believe that any band where the fit depends on where the holes are punched may present slippage; large/ heavy watches will exaggerate the problem.
My wrist diameter changes daily (activities, orneriness, fluid retention). Some days I prefer a snug fit while others I want it loose. Elastic straps best solved that for me.

Compared to Omegas prices you can purchase one of each of the above three and give them all a test - then take your change to the pub and flirt with the wenches.

Note: please don't mention this to my bride.

·
Watch Freek
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
ok guys strap arrived today,packaging is good strap is nice and soft and simple to fit very comfortable and exactly what I was looking for as now my speedy stays up on my wrist ,was worried the blue might look a bit cheap but on the wrist its ok visible but only up close , price I paid was £17,and worth it ,obviously cant comment on durability we will have to see ,but ill keep an update in the future ,delivery took a bit longer as they don't stock this one in the uk ,but not a problem communications were spot on if I asked a question it was answered straight away by alex .here are some pics
Handwriting Office supplies Writing implement Wood Pen
Eyewear Wood Rectangle Brush Material property
Watch Analog watch Clock Font Ball pen
Watch Arm Analog watch Gesture Clock
Watch Analog watch Gesture Clock Finger
Watch Rectangle Automotive tire Automotive exterior Material property
Office supplies Rectangle Ruler Font Gadget
Joint Hand Arm Gesture Thumb

·
Watch Freek
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
they have other colours as well I went for blue but the red was a close second I put the longer of the two straps as my wrist is big ish and its done up on the 3rd from last hole

·
Watch Freek
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I might very well ,hes asked me for pics so I sent him the ones you guys have seen ,so who knows ,they need a uk point of distribution as I think some might find it a long wait and give negative feedback

·
Watch Freek
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I took a chance tbh the quality is good ive had the watch on all day probably the longest ive worn it in years,its really comfortable ,so for the price ill deffo get another in red

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.