Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Freeks,

I only have a few good quality NATO and Zulu straps that I bought from Amazon or eBay (mylocaltime and clockworksynergy) . Then I have maybe 30-40 cheap ones from Asia that cost me under $3 each but I got what I paid for: buckles are SCARY, very SCARY! Broke two of them, luckily I was inside and watch fell on carpet once and couch the other. So I'd only use those cheap ones with my beaters now.

So now I'm looking to buy 5-7 new ones in 22mm and 24mm and would love some good variety. Not the typical stuff. Maybe one classic green 24mm and a blue 22mm that I'm missing but the rest I want them to be atypical and "different" if possible.

Kinda like this one I found on Amazon for under $9 a while back and haven't seen again but I'm also not aware of all that's out there.

Here's another example, I own this one but sharing just to give you some idea of what I'd love to have easy access to with your links, please.

Any help is appreciated. I think this theead would not only help me, but many others to take note for future reference.

Thank you in advance,
Luis

·
Administrator
11,415 Posts

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks a lot, andrema and tinkrocker!
Already saw two I love and don't have after clicking on just one of your recommendations.

Will be a lot of fun going through all those links.

Much appreciated !

Reactions: tinknocker

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
I gotta 2nd slowmotions comment.
Used to deal with Trish (no longer there)
Never gotta bum steer from Synergy
I only bought their premium straps tho.

Lou Snutt

·
Registered
489 Posts

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
N80leather,

Wow ! Your stuff is amazing. I am however looking to spend $50-80 on more quantity of straps than 1 or two of your amazing pieces. Wow. Once I get all the "must haves" from the links on this thread. Then I can start seeing about some higher end stuff like yours. Thanks so much for sharing. Ridiculously awesome stuff. I hope your sharing here brings you more customers, I feel like I'll be missing out until I get some of your pieces. So glad I started this thread.

Thanks for link,Tom !

I bought a couple of never worn preowned C&B straps and they are great quality. Had forgotten them but is cus they're 20mm

Thank you, Slowmotion !
When I bought some bronze hardware Zulus from clockworksynergy on ebay, I forgot I could've checked their site and use the discount code they put up here. Thanks for the link !

·
Registered
804 Posts
Alfonso, Thanks! The stripe rally straps can be done relatively cheap and in your price range. Most everything I do is between $45-95. I've only experimented with a few rally combos so there are many more possible. The leather is all Horween leather or combinations with linen fabric. Looking forward to it.

Here's one other rally...

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Thanks a lot for all the links and recommendations. I already have 3 in the cart in one site and 2 in other. I'll be pulling trigger soon after doing all my window shopping is done.

Very much appreciated !

Update:
Bought military green(2), blue(2) and grey(1) Zulus and one blue leather NATO. I'm hoping to pull trigger on the more "different" styles soon.
Also bought another Pre-V buckle.

·
Registered
4,907 Posts
My problem with Natos is they are usually too short and when I put them on the buckle is way up the side of my 8" wrist?

·
Banned
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My problem with Natos is they are usually too short and when I put them on the buckle is way up the side of my 8" wrist?
You can either try to find 12in and 13in NATO/Zulus so they go around the second to last ring and back towards last or you can use a good quality scissor and a coin to cut around coin (quarter for 22mm and 24mm, mickle for 20mm and lower, IMO) to leave a round edge at the end. Then gently use a lighter to sorta seal it.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts