Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a Victornox auto chronograph. It is an airforce F/A-18 watch with a valjoux 7750. Nice watch
I got it on Ebay and although I am a very experienced ebayer, I neglected to ask about the width of the stainless steel band. This is usually not a factor because I have never met a watch that I did not have to take 3 links out of. I have small wrist. The seller did not mention this but the width is very small. The watch is will close on my wrist but it is very tight. Seller sent me some extra links but they are not the same. I just need one more link. or abour 1/3 of an inch
I got the watch cheap enough that I want to keep it. What do I do? Is there a source for links? Should I punt and buy a new bracelet and if so, where do I get one? I am ok with aftermarket...
By the way I can find no model numbers on the watch besides what I mentioned above

Attachments

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Width or length ... Short links.... I would go to a forum thread that caters to the brand

I would search for owners of this globally, then PM winners for another link.
It really works. I just got a trade for an OEM rubber and a member on eBay for. Ti OE bracelet

There are many ways to source the link, including AD and CS

Good luck. Great watch too
I just checked.. Go to mfg site. Problem solved. Lots of good info and where to get the proper link

·
Long Time Member
1,687 Posts
Congratulations on the new watch. Looks great. If I were you would first search eBay for an extra link but if that does not work I would buy or order a custom strap for it.
I checked online and the lug to lug distance of your watch is 20mm so you need a 20mm strap for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts