Watch Freeks banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering my first G-Shock purchase. I have to admit I know absolutely nothing about these watches. I will probably never use any of the functions on it so here is my question.

With Sooo many different models to choose from what do you guys recommend ? What is the most common model that you guys own?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Dan

·
Super Moderator
12,932 Posts
Hey DPM, terrific question. Guess it all depends what you like, or what you want with the G-Shock. :) There are tons of models like you said, and some that have a lot of different functions, and others that have not as much.

A simple one like this is cool because it doesn't have all of those functions you might not use, and it's solar, and affordable...

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-AQS810W...odeID=7141123011&keywords=casio+solar+g-shock

Another example...

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-GWM5610...odeID=7141123011&keywords=casio+solar+g-shock

There are so many variations too, and other models it's amazing. Just have fun, take your time, and explore the different collections. You'll find something you like. :thumb:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey DPM, terrific question. Guess it all depends what you like, or what you want with the G-Shock. :) There are tons of models like you said, and some that have a lot of different functions, and others that have not as much.

A simple one like this is cool because it doesn't have all of those functions you might not use, and it's solar, and affordable...

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-AQS810W...odeID=7141123011&keywords=casio+solar+g-shock

Another example...

http://www.amazon.com/Casio-GWM5610...odeID=7141123011&keywords=casio+solar+g-shock

There are so many variations too, and other models it's amazing. Just have fun, take your time, and explore the different collections. You'll find something you like. :thumb:
Thank You AtomicTom! Thats a great start. I def like the Solar idea. The second watch reminds me of a casio phone book watch I had in the late 80's..

Dan

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
If you stick within the g-shock line, you really can't go wrong. Just find what you like and can afford and go for it. They have so many options it is really hard to even throw some out there. I really like the solar in combination with the multiband radio controlled option to maintain accurate time through Denver Radio tower.

·
Super Moderator
12,932 Posts
Thank You AtomicTom! Thats a great start. I def like the Solar idea. The second watch reminds me of a casio phone book watch I had in the late 80's..

Dan

Don't mention it. ..See Dan, that's great there ! You've got a kind of connection with that second watch actually. :smileyface_hand_cla

You could pick that up, and try it out, and compare it to that one you had years ago. Then if you wanted could always try other models down the road, once you got a feel for the brand again. :)

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
I think it really depends on what you are looking for as there are so many different models to choose from. Everything from basic "smaller" (I use that term loosely) to chunky multifunction solar atomic models.

I passed down my GW7900 to my son. He likes it a lot.

For newer more chunkier models...

Rangeman GW9400

One of my favorites, ultra light titanium case, GW9110. I had the older model GW9100 and loved it. You barely feel it on the wrist. Only reason I sold it was I knew I was going to get a 9110 to replace it eventually.

Mudman GW9300

There's also analog Gs.

GW1100

G1400

And the recently released anidigi GWG1000 mudmaster (I want one of these badly)

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think it really depends on what you are looking for as there are so many different models to choose from. Everything from basic "smaller" (I use that term loosely) to chunky multifunction solar atomic models.

I passed down my GW7900 to my son. He likes it a lot.

For newer more chunkier models...

Rangeman GW9400

One of my favorites, ultra light titanium case, GW9110. I had the older model GW9100 and loved it. You barely feel it on the wrist. Only reason I sold it was I knew I was going to get a 9110 to replace it eventually.

Mudman GW9300

There's also analog Gs.

GW1100

G1400

And the recently released anidigi GWG1000 mudmaster (I want one of these badly)
There we go! Thats what I was looking for. Now I just need to make a decision. I like them all...

Thanks Zaskar!

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
There we go! Thats what I was looking for. Now I just need to make a decision. I like them all...

Thanks Zaskar!
Oh man..that's dangerous. Be forewarned. Gshocks are like potato chips. Once you get one, you'll get the urge to get another and another

You can't go wrong with any one you choose.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts