Watch Freeks banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I've tried to find videos online demonstrating how to size Amphibia bracelets, but no luck. Do you guys know of a site that has a tutorial for real dummies?

I have a simple tool kit that my wife gifted me with, but I've never attempted to work on a watch before, even this hopefully simple procedure.

I'll be getting my first Vostok in a couple of weeks, and even though I know their bracelets are junk, I still want to use the one that comes with mine. And I'd like to finally "do it myself."

Thanks guys!!!!

·
Registered
650 Posts
Hey guys,

I've tried to find videos online demonstrating how to size Amphibia bracelets, but no luck. Do you guys know of a site that has a tutorial for real dummies?

I have a simple tool kit that my wife gifted me with, but I've never attempted to work on a watch before, even this hopefully simple procedure.

I'll be getting my first Vostok in a couple of weeks, and even though I know their bracelets are junk, I still want to use the one that comes with mine. And I'd like to finally "do it myself."

Thanks guys!!!!
Admittedly, I've been an Amphibia fan for years, but I've never had any luck in successfully sizing the stock bracelets. I usually just hit the 'Bay and buy a new one there, as it'll be better quality and easier to size.

So what model are you getting? :)

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Admittedly, I've been an Amphibia fan for years, but I've never had any luck in successfully sizing the stock bracelets. I usually just hit the 'Bay and buy a new one there, as it'll be better quality and easier to size.

So what model are you getting? :)
Darn it!!!! In one YouTube video I found, a guy was talking about how much he liked his Vostok, but sizing the bracelet was nearly impossible. That made my heart drop: I really don't want to pay to have it sized at a jewelry store, and maybe they won't be able to in the end?

Exactly what is it that makes it so difficult?

I'm getting a 100647. The 647 is my favorite dial design, so when they came up available on Amazon, I couldn't resist dropping a Father's Day gift hint :cool: I just can't wait to join the Amphibia club!!!!

(I couldn't pull up a picture of it, but it's the dial on the top with the bezel on the bottom.)

·
Registered
650 Posts
Darn it!!!! In one YouTube video I found, a guy was talking about how much he liked his Vostok, but sizing the bracelet was nearly impossible. That made my heart drop: I really don't want to pay to have it sized at a jewelry store, and maybe they won't be able to in the end?

Exactly what is it that makes it so difficult?
It's purely the design of the bracelet. Their version of an oyster bracelet isn't as bad as it's a fairly straightforward design, but anything else is more or less out the window due to a combination of factors, such as the folding process used in their bracelets (either they fall apart when one attempts to hammer out pins or they're so tightly folded that not even an asteroid 10 miles wide hitting the bracelet squarely at a zillion miles an hour would even make a dent) and the relatively poor quality of the steel used for their bracelets. With the lone exception of one (my Vostok Amphibia Neptune series, which uses a really screwed up lug design), all of my Vostoks are on aftermarket leather or steel.

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Amphibia Bracelet Resizing

Step 1: Remove bracelet from watch head.

Step 2: Throw bracelet into garbage can.

Step 3: Buy a nice bracelet that probably cost as much as the original watch did and install.

Step 4: Enjoy!

Lol!

I wore mine on a cheap mesh bracelet most days, and occasionally on a 22mm Isofrane (which cost over twice what the watch did!).

·
6,497 Posts
As has been mentioned above by more distinguished members than myself, just replace that flimsy stock bracelet. I put a leather rally strap on it:

Reactions: bapackerfan

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It came today!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!

It looks just fantastic in the flesh: to use the cliche, "Pictures don't do it justice!"

PLUS, I even managed to size the bracelet having never attempting ANY type of procedure before in my life as a WF! And I really wanted to keep the stock bracelet on despite its infamous reputation.

Sorry to sound like a little kid, but I'm so proud of my watch and myself!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
650 Posts
It came today!!!!!

I absolutely LOVE it!!!!!

It looks just fantastic in the flesh: to use the cliche, "Pictures don't do it justice!"

PLUS, I even managed to size the bracelet having never attempting ANY type of procedure before in my life as a WF! And I really wanted to keep the stock bracelet on despite its infamous reputation.

Sorry to sound like a little kid, but I'm so proud of my watch and myself!!!!
Welcome to the kick-ass realm of Vostok! I've got 11 of them and at the pricepoint they're sold at, you just don't feel guilty shelling out for one. :Do

Congrats!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts