·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
IMG_20150805_185940.jpg

IMG_20150805_190002.jpg

IMG_20150805_190005.jpg

IMG_20150805_190450.jpg

So, I jumped the gun on buying a new Catalyst Esq Movado from EBAY...I'm new to the whole online buying, but I absolutely love this watch! HAVING SAID THAT.....

I'm getting a bit worried...first, as you'll see in the pics, in less than two weeks the back is all scratched from the band....also, the guy whom I bought it from freaked out at me when I asked about why the S/N on the booklet that came with it didn't match the type....so, anyway, I'm going to take it to a jewler ...but thought you guys maybe could help as it'll be a few days ....

I still love the watch, and realistically for the price I paid I knew it was probably too good to be true...I'll also wear it as it's a good fake if it is ....

Anyway I tried to take a couple good pics ....back side and front.....

THOUGHTS????:eek:

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
The only way to really know is to take it to a Movado AD

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: GoodWatch

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Authorized Dealer

·
Registered
233 Posts
#four is correct, that is the best way to find out. You need to go to a watch dealer. Macy's is a AD for ESQ. I wouldn't trust a salesperson to know just cause they sell the watch. I purchased a ESQ off the forum. Still under warranty and I had a problem and had to send it back to Movado. I had to go to Macey's to have the warranty card filled out. The SN was hand written on it. So i can't respond to the font being different.

I think the back could be scratched on easily depending on how you set it down, move it around. The couple esq's and movado's I have had were prone to scratching. very shinny chrome. Does the chronograph funtion as a chronograph? Cheaper replica's the buttons advance the sub dial when pushed. No chono action at all.

They will fake anything I guess. I am buffaloed as to who would think it a good idea to fake a 500 retail watch with ESQ on the dial that can be purchased for 340. Movado, yes. ESQ i just have my doubts. A decent replica will cost you 150 to 300 on the net. And the watch is already down to 340. Several years ago I saw some fake Bulova's. I can not find any replica ESQ's doing a search right now. Good luck and hope it works out for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts