Watch Freeks banner

What name should we use for our new watch?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have decided that our upcoming Minuteman watch with Swiss auto movement really should have a name. We've asked for suggestion and have it down to these.

Which one do you think is the best fit?

·
Registered
99 Posts
Might one also suggest something like Maverick. Ramjet would also be quite awesome.

Edit: I think Ramjet would be a neat name for a military inspired first automatic movement watch from you guys. After all, a Ramjet cannot produce it's own thrust without assistance. Much like an automatic watch movement. Might be more appropriate for an aviation inspired watch. Just a thought.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Minuteman Independence was my vote. Eagle would have been a close second.

·
Super Moderator
10,613 Posts
Had to really think about this Thomas because they all seem like they could be great names for a watch. :thumb:Ended up going with Independence though since it really seems to have to do with Minuteman, and also is a watch name that I've never seen, or heard before ! :clapping-hands-abov Some really terrific names all of them actually sir. :)

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We may end up using the names we don't use now on other future models.

Also for those wondering on the final version the color of the hands will match the white on the hands.

The hands will be longer, and wider than what we have now on our actual prototype.

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
I like the Independence, mainly because I think it fits current events.

It feels like that's the mood of the electorate (at least on the non-Dem side) as we continue slogging through the months leading up to the next Pres election.

People are rejecting the establishment and yearning to be free from it after decades of socio-political mismanagement of our country. They want other nations to take care of their own problems instead of expecting us to just continue throwing open our doors, emptying out our wallets, and sacrificing our kids to take care of the rest of the world.

In short, the spirit of Independence seems to be on the march.

(Hope that didn't get too political ... not my intention whatsoever!)

·
Registered
389 Posts
I had to vote for field auto. When I think "Minute Man" I think of them side by side with the regular army back then. On the field, in the woods behind trees, and charging the forces on the battle ground. Because everywhere was a battlefield.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So far its a real tight race on the name for this.

Here is a photo of the 1st prototype with an orange ZULU type strap with black fittings. I am posting this to show how much of a difference a simple strap change can make to the overall look. =)

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
IMHO, it still needs a better set of hands, some nice sword hands would make the watch a lot better.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
When I first posted this I have to say I would not have guessed that Independence would be the front runner. =)

Before we decide which one to go with I sure would like to so some move votes as a whole.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Hands need to be wider
Consider Yellow or Red tips, maybe a colored second hand
We are going with a red tip as you can see here.

As shown on this version which will use the same design of case and hands.

Our lead watchmaker has spent much time studying the parts from the sample and we are also go with a longer length and width on all of the hands.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts