Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

I got home today all excited to try out my new Citizen Eco-Drive Perpetual Calendar Model BL5315-50E and it was DOA. I'm hoping the Solar Cell just needs to be charged up, but I have had itunder aritificial lights for one hour and nothing. The Seconds hand is facing the Stop position which according to the manual means that it needs to be charged for at least 1/2 hour. It has now been under the lights for 1 hour and still nothing. I have never received an Eco-Drive that wasn't ticking when it arrived.

Should I be worried yet? I know that Bob has this movement. Nothing on this watch is operational at all. I can't imagine why the lighting hasn't switched it on yet. Any suggestions/comments? I guess I will keep it under the lights and if nothing happens I will send it back to WOW as a defective watch. The other concerning thing about this watch is that it came with no protective stickers, tape etc..The box also looks like it has had stickers removed off of it. I'm wondering it this was a defective return that was then shipped out to me. This is my first experience with WOW and I'm not too happy. I just checked again and nothing. Now I'm worried.

Thanks for listening,

Watchguru58

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

from what i understand -that watch needs to charge in very strong light for a minimum of 4 hours -but you should read your manual it could be more

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Have you called Wow yet?

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

WATCHURSELF wrote:
from what i understand -that watch needs to charge in very strong light for a minimum of 4 hours -but you should read your manual it could be more
This is correct, You need to charge the powercell, possibly a couple of hours of direct sunlight or 6-8 hours of interior light.

Try this first before worrying.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

You may also need to START the watch, see you manual for instructions.

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

I owned one a long time ago and artificial light never really did much if was run down.....try some direct sunlight if possible. You could also take it to your local jeweler that deals Citizen and see if they will put it under their display lights as I had to do that one time. Just some thoughts.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

Thanks for all the input. I will keep it under the lights for the remainder of the evening. If it doesn't come on by tomorrow I will give WOW a call. I know this watch couldn't be defective. If it was why would the seconds hand be facing the Stop position. Keeping my fingers crossed.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
imported post

Do these usually ship out from the factory uncharged? It's weird that it would have no juice at all when it is suppose to hold a 9 month charge when fully charged. I don't think this model is even that old.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

2 hours and nothing :( . Sorry it's just a real bummer when you wait 10 days for a watch and it arrives DOA. It's still under the lights. I will get it out in the sun tomorrow. I do think this was a return the more I look at it. I see some minor scratches on the clasp and the caseback is not ligned up correctly. Ughh!! Has anybody else ever received a watch from WOW that was questionable as being new/never worn?

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

Is that the one Uncle Leo told us about a week ago on WGs and if it is, i sent mine back, i talked to Mehdi and thought it was a bad capacitor.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
Is that the one Uncle Leo told us about a week ago on WGs and if it is, i sent mine back, i talked to Mehdi and thought it was a bad capacitor.
It was the one on the daily deals at WOW. You talked to Mehdi and said it had a bad capacitor? Was yours not working when it arrived or is he saying that's the problem with mine?

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Instead of guessing, just wait until tomorrow. If it is still not working - contact WOW and return it.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I asked on mine, it was dead when it arived and i left it out in the sun all day and it was DOA also, so i just sent it back.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
I asked on mine, it was dead when it arived and i left it out in the sun all day and it was DOA also, so i just sent it back.
That's great. I'm glad they are sending out defective watches. I guess mine will be going back as well. It seems like it is a common problem with this watch. Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I know a Citizen for gosh sakes and thats the 2nd one i had do that, the first was a SkyHawk A-T. 1 year ago.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
I know a Citizen for gosh sakes and thats the 2nd one i had do that, the first was a SkyHawk A-T. 1 year ago.
That sucks!! You would think that they would check these before they send them out. Can you get an RFI number on the weekend via email or will I have to wait until Monday to talk to them in person?

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
imported post

Does the watch have a reset button? I watched the video for the Seiko Velatura and it DID. Computers...

Good luck! I know this must be very disheartening.

David

·
Registered
768 Posts
imported post

I talked to them this morning and sent it back this afternoon, but i also used Bing, so i am going to get back to them Mon morning and figure this whole thing out.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
imported post

BW-1 wrote:
I talked to them this morning and sent it back this afternoon, but i also used Bing, so i am going to get back to them Mon morning and figure this whole thing out.
Keep me apprised. I can't even call WoW until Monday morning. Ugh. This does tick me off. I wonder how many of these went out defective.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts