Watch Freeks banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I am relatively new to these forums..

I am currently putting money aside each month for a stainless steal black faced Rolex Datejust.
Which is one of my favorite watches of all time.

However I am currently looking for some watches with skeleton back/ see through/ clear back where you can see the movement.

I want a manual winding or automatic only please.

I dont mind the strap or bracelets, but I am looking for something under $800-$1000

Thinking of getting multiple ones so maybe even in the range $200-$600.

Ive been doing a lot of research and have only found a few, if you could please post pictures the price range and whether you know if its a good watch or not. I rather trust my fellow Freeks!

Thank you so much

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
However I am currently looking for some watches with skeleton back/ see through/ clear back where you can see the movement.

Quartz generally has no exhibition glass, none come to mind.

Your question is very open ended. Many watches hit that mark, even at $200

Also, skeleton means different things to me. I see all the way thru the movement to daylight? Or what exactly do you mean? Picture would help.

Sturling etal. Offerings like these in fashion watches. Somehow the question leaves more information to help

Welcome to the boards though

·
Long Time Member
1,687 Posts
Are you only considering Brand-new watch or would you consider a preowned one too ?.... There are many great watches that you can get in the preowned section too.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am open ended to new and preowned. Allow me to clarify i've seen skeleton with open face in the back (like: stuhrling) but i am mostly looking for a watch that you can see the movement in the back.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Maybe I missed it but what type of watch are you looking for? Diver? Dress?
At $800 - $1000 you've got a broad spectrum to choose from.
Like this Ball Fireman Racer:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs-ball-fireman-racer-dlc-nm3098c-p1j-bk-886453.html
Stowa Seatime:

Hamilton Khaki 7750 Chronograph:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f29/fs...-valjoux-7750-box-papers-$800-obo-884493.html
Christopher Ward C9:

http://forums.watchuseek.com/f30/fs...rrison-le-chronograph-steel-strap-886244.html
Then there's the Alpha Newman hand wind chrono. Comes in under $200. Personally I love these things.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Rammerjammer- other than the first one, I like your style! I want to see a variety everyone that's the point. A sharp looking watch, automatic or hand winding with the movement see through in the back...

·
1,251 Posts
If I was you I would look through watchrecon and look at all the watches on sale, not to buy them but to have an idea of what they look like and get the name and brand and overall pricing. You can then buy it there or go look for a new one.

I found several watches I liked that way.

Another way is to go through the forums and look at the "What aRe you Wearing" threads and see all sorts of models there.

Get an idea and then search the one watch you like best. I am only saying these because they are concentration of watch photos of different models and brands and one can get a lot of possible choices.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.