Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK - Its about that time to tell the Mrs. what I want for Christmas. And naturally the choice will be a watch! I'm not gonna go crazy with prices with this being a down year financially for us and I've narrowed it down to 4 choices. I'm leaning towards the Citizen (titanium case and Eco-Drive) but I still cant nail one down. The Luminox with its tritium tubes (I love lume). The Helix for its style and size ( I believe its 48mm). And the Seiko 'cause its darn cool looking (and kinetic) though a little small (41mm). Help me out here! Which one would you pick and why? Thanks for the help. I'm also going to add a poll for those who dont feel like typing.

Citizen Eco-Drive Pro Diver - Titanium case/rubber strap.

Luminox EVO Navy Seal Colormark in orange.

Helix Wings (Not sure what color combo yet)

Seiko Kinetic Streamline - Blue Dial - Very Ventura looking

Or should I be greedy and ask for all 4??? LOL

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
imported post

if i had to choose one out of those i would pick the luminox, like you said it has great lume, and the new rubber straps they have on those is really soft and comfortable, plus the black and orange is hot.........thats what i would pick. hope you get the one you really want........:)

·
Registered
72 Posts
imported post

Luminox. I love mine in blue, very functional and the orange looks insane! I've looked into the Citizen, and it's definitely very cool and special but very specific. The Luminox will last forever, you usually get a 10-year warrantee on the lighting system, 5 years on the movement!!

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

Interesting that my vote was the same as all others in the poll.

I think that overall, the Luminox looks more appealing than the other 2, similar designs. I'm not really feeling the last one so much, however, I would wear it proudly. :)

Good luck in whichever you choose!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I like (and voted for) the Citizen Eco-Drive Pro Diver - Titanium case/rubber strap.

The "orca" is a cool watch.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
imported post

My vote was the Eco Drive. The Luminox would be my second choice, itis a good looking Swiss Made timepiece. I voted for the Eco Drive because of the way it runs. I have several and they just keep on going with the only charge comming from the light. ....Bob

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Hey for about the same $ you could pick up an NFW. Consider it....nice watches. If you buy direct from George you save big time.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

DEFINATELY the Luminox! The lume is killer and the thing is bullet proof! Also, the orange and black is just sick!!

·
Registered
354 Posts
imported post

I'd say the Luminox but with the Colormark there is an issue with the makers rubbing off of the bezel if it's a regular wear watch. If you want a Luminox. I would go a higher end with the metal cased Luminox watches.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

What decision did you make and did you actually buy one?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
imported post

i'm gonna be different and choose the eco drive Orca!!

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

I have a Helix Wings myself.....it's a nice watch...and very sporty. But I would go with the Luminox..very commando looking!!!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Not a huge fan of any of them, but if I had too choose 1 it would be the Helix I think!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts