Watch Freeks banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
9,128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

My Gevril GV2 Explorer arrived today and I'm not sure if this bracelet has standard friction pins or screw down pins. The manual only says that it should be sized by a jeweler. These pins look like they have screw threads on the sides, but there are your standard arrows on the inner bracelet instructing you on the direction they need to be removed. Does anybody have any insight on these bracelets. This is definitely a higher end bracelet unlike many of the standard ones out there. I'm a little gun shy after sizing my Orange Monster. Help??? Here is a photo of the watch in question:

· Registered
49 Posts
imported post

A very beautiful watch you have there. I cannot see the face, but it looks like one that I have --- I have 9 Gevrils and they are all extremely well built, perfect fit and finish, gorgeous and substantial bracelets, they have some of the best Swiss ETA automatic movements (all my 9 are automatics), are completely Swiss built . . . and while they are not huge watches (they generally are 40 - 44 mm) they are some of my favorites.

The bracelets all have screw links, but you need a good set of jewelers screwdrivers to size them. The quality of the bracelet is so good, that I would not use but a correct size high quality driver to remove the screws, and you will need a driver on both sides of the bracelet. Be sure to put aminiscule dabof Locktite Threadlocker (make certain it is low strength locker) on the screws when you put them back in the bracelet. This will keep the screws from ever working themselves out, and should you ever have to remove one of the threadlocked screws, it can be done with your good drivers. I have sized all of my watch bracelets myself with good tools and never any problems.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.