Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Super Moderator
:D馃槃o_O That is really something Stephen, and I can just imagine your
reaction when they told you that they actually had it like that. 馃槸馃くAm
wondering if maybe they haven't had a lot of foot traffic recently. So have
more watches that are actually in stock, and available for people possibly.
I mean you would think a watch like this would have a wait right?! But
hey, you can't look a gift horse in the mouth as they say. And this is a
real treasure here that fits perfectly on your wrist, and in your collection !

Boy oh boy, and speaking of perfect, this shot here of yours' is incredible,
and actually takes your breath away. 馃槻This HAS to be everything you
had hoped for honestly. Just is extraordinary ! A COLOSSAL congrats sir !!!

Long Time Member
Congrats man! Beautiful piece!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch Freek
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was shocked that it was in the store, especially with the new version being released. Really do enjoy this on the wrist, and is nicer in person than it is in pics.

Super Moderator
Excellent choice sir!!! I love a good Speedy. Wear it in good health!

Reminds me, maybe I'll wear my Speedy today... He's been a bit neglected since the most recent Vostok arrived...

Marine Tunnel Rat
I was shocked that it was in the store, especially with the new version being released. Really do enjoy this on the wrist, and is nicer in person than it is in pics.
You shouldn't be shocked, Omega doesn't play the "Stupid Games" as Rolex does, and they make a better watch!

BTW, that's a beautiful classic watch and icon!

Super Moderator
You shouldn't be shocked, Omega doesn't play the "Stupid Games" as Rolex does, and they make a better watch!

BTW, that's a beautiful classic watch and icon!
I'm not 100% sure about that... I have read that some Omega ADs were playing silly-buggers with the new 2020 Snoopy Speedy, waiting lists, reserving for their better customers (much like Rolex). Now, that was only the ADs, as Omega has promised it is not a limited edition watch.

But that may have had more to do with Covid and empty factories impacting production (I know for a fact that Omega in Biel/Bienne was closed from March to June 2020, and only opened again with minimal staff to adhere to distancing rules). I've also heard that they have instructed their Boutiques to be especially nice to any and all customers, so as to attract clientele who are tired of Rolex ADs waiting lists and other nonsense...

Marine Tunnel Rat
I'm not 100% sure about that... I have read that some Omega ADs were playing silly-buggers with the new 2020 Snoopy Speedy, waiting lists, reserving for their better customers (much like Rolex). Now, that was only the ADs, as Omega has promised it is not a limited edition watch.

But that may have had more to do with Covid and empty factories impacting production (I know for a fact that Omega in Biel/Bienne was closed from March to June 2020, and only opened again with minimal staff to adhere to distancing rules). I've also heard that they have instructed their Boutiques to be especially nice to any and all customers, so as to attract clientele who are tired of Rolex ADs waiting lists and other nonsense...
That's one limited special edition Omega, Rolex plays games with all their sports models. Omega is on a roll, while Rolex is pissing off their client base and turning them elsewhere.

Funny how the Hans Wilsdorf Foundation manages to get their Tudor line cranking them out with no two-year waiting lists?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts