Watch Freeks banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep, a new user from sunny PDX (at least for now until the rain comes back). Started this hobby when I was a kid, then stopped, then picked it back up fairly recently.

Started my new collection with a Citizen Eco-Drive chrono, then a Bulova, followed by an Omega quartz and a few Russian watches I couldn't pass up.

Any PDX people here?

·
Registered
11,016 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the warm welcome, #four. :smile-thumb:

·
Banned
754 Posts
Welcome to WF! I love the Portland Metro Area. I lived in Beaverton for 12 years until 2 years ago. My parents still live there. I rode my bycicles all throughout Hazeldell through Vancouver, Gresham, Portland and all the way to King City and McMinnville. I miss that area a lot.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome, Luis!

I used to live in Beaverton as well; around the Bethany area. Then my wife and I moved to North Portland--St. Johns to be exact. Great place. Gentrification's made housing/real estate very expensive here, so a lot of people are moving eastward towards Gresham and beyond.

Welcome to WF! I love the Portland Metro Area. I lived in Beaverton for 12 years until 2 years ago. My parents still live there. I rode my bycicles all throughout Hazeldell through Vancouver, Gresham, Portland and all the way to King City and McMinnville. I miss that area a lot.

Reactions: Luis Alfonso III

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
Always a pleasure to welcome a new Freek!

Sounds like you've got a real good foundation for a collection going--soon to include that amazing root beer Squale that I saw you post on another thread!

Enjoy!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks! That Root Beer Squale's been on my wish list for a while, along with a Glycine Combat Sub with a red bezel. My precious.... lol.

Always a pleasure to welcome a new Freek!

Sounds like you've got a real good foundation for a collection going--soon to include that amazing root beer Squale that I saw you post on another thread!

Enjoy!

Reactions: bapackerfan

·
Banned
754 Posts
Thanks for the welcome, Luis!

I used to live in Beaverton as well; around the Bethany area. Then my wife and I moved to North Portland--St. Johns to be exact. Great place. Gentrification's made housing/real estate very expensive here, so a lot of people are moving eastward towards Gresham and beyond.
St John's is a sweet area. I used to play disc golf at Pier Park at least once a month, sometimes 3-4. I used to live in Bethany also. I could see the Walmart grocery store from our townhouse. They say it rains a lot there but it's better than here where every drop of rain is celebrated like a miracle.

Glad you're here. It's a fun and addicting group, like a second home.

·
Registered
5,478 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
Welcome again! I haven't been to Portland but I lived in the Seattle area for 5 years. PNW is beautiful, especially from May to October.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Welcome again! I haven't been to Portland but I lived in the Seattle area for 5 years. PNW is beautiful, especially from May to October.
Thanks Ralph!

Not sure if I'm liking this year's summer though. We've had more 90+ degree weather this year than the previous two or three years combined.

·
Super Moderator
10,590 Posts
Hey Fish, so cool that you joined up, and have
gotten back into the hobby there. :) It's a pretty
amazing hobby right?!

Incredible how much there is to find out about,
and see. Plus there are so many cool people like
yourself that are into the hobby.

Sounds like a beautiful collection there by the
way. Looking forward to seeing more of them,
and also reading more of your posts. Hope you