Watch Freeks banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, have any of you happened to catch this cool new Helgray called the Hornet?

The Hornet is a GMT with a modern meets vintage style it looks like, and has Miyota's 1L45 quartz movement inside. It has a 42mm stainless steel case, inner rotating bezel, a small seconds sub-dial, double domed sapphire crystal, 100m WR, BGW9 Super-Luminova coated hands, and markers.

Looks like some sharp looking leather straps come with the watches also.

A few pictures...

Wrist Watch Review for you too everybody...

http://www.wristwatchreview.com/2015/09/16/helgray-hornet-different-way-dual-time/

·
Registered
489 Posts
Not a bad looking design. Reminds me of Seiko's SNKN01.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
Very attractive piece there. I really like the sub second dial, the positioning of that sub dial, and the touch of the red crown, too.

Would you say that 42 case might wear more like a 44, Tom?

·
Banned
754 Posts
Really nice ! Thanks for sharing. Many buyers are probably concerned because the first watch they came up with was very different from what they were expecting comparing to original prototype renderings. Maybe someone here has more info on it but it made a lot of buyers unhappy, to say the least.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Really nice ! Thanks for sharing. Many buyers are probably concerned because the first watch they came up with was very different from what they were expecting comparing to original prototype renderings. Maybe someone here has more info on it but it made a lot of buyers unhappy, to say the least.

From what I know it wasn't first watch...and he also owns Makara Watches.

The watch I was told was shown as what it was, but it was shown at different angles, and in person it didn't look the same.

Mistakes happen. They should have shown it better in the campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
754 Posts
From what I know it wasn't first watch...and he also owns Makara Watches.

The watch I was told was shown as what it was, but it was shown at different angles, and in person it didn't look the same.

Mistakes happen. They should have shown it better in the campaign.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh Nadim! I sent him back an Octopus he sent me with two flaws, including a hair inside the sapphire bezel Lume pip and he didn't even refund me for shipping. Told me he'd take care of me on next purchase but I think he shouldn't let anyone lose money, even if it's just shipping. It's his mistake for not going over the watch prior to shipping. It's the principle. I'll never send him money again.

I can understand human mistake but his human mistake should never be at the customer's expense, zero exceptions. A simple full refund on shipping and I would be talking about his awesome customer service and recommending people to buy if they like. Instead I say just be careful and have low expectations so you can be happily surprised if it's good upon arrival.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts