Watch Freeks banner

Helfer watches

22K views 53 replies 19 participants last post by  harry.fleak 
#1 ·
#2 ·
From what I have seen, they are not too popular, both with the style that is extremely close to Panerai, there marketing in social media groups and the silly ass writing on all their bezels. They are trying to come off as this Swiss luxury brand, when reality is they are just copying another brand using catalog parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#22 ·
From what I have seen, they are not too popular, both with the style that is extremely close to Panerai, there marketing in social media groups and the silly ass writing on all their bezels. They are trying to come off as this Swiss luxury brand, when reality is they are just copying another brand using catalog parts.

Thanks for the comment, I'm Chris, the Distributor of Helfer in Aus & NZ.

I've just moved from a customer to now being a seller and distributor of Helfer due to the response I received when I wore the watches.

The response to the watches since announcing them for me, has been overwhelming. We have a high demand to view the watches and the sales have been fantastic, the fan base is growing nad I've had multiple purchases from customers.

You're right, we are not well known right now, but we are working hard to change that, like any new brand, we have to start somewhere and we are passionate and working hard to bring affordable, high quality timepieces to the market that are accessible to all and look great on the wrist.

We certainly don't pretend to be anything we are not, we are very much aware though that the designs position our watches as attractive pieces that look great and get attention.

Design is subjective which is why we now have over a dozen collections with many models available and we are really excite for the end of this year with some exciting designs coming through, hopefully we present something that you like. Perhaps not, but hey, that's watches and designs.

We have certainly leveraged social media and a great deal of our customers are coming to us through referrals and seeing our timepieces on social media - its an effective channel, a prudent way to market and with our new website launching next week, I hope we can further reinforce our position in the market with even more news and information on Helfer.

We now have ambassadors, sponsorships and some recent media attention - we will continue to work hard and enjoy what we do. but I know we can't please everyone, we respect that.

#3 ·
Had never heard of them, but after a Google image search, I can see why.

Total Panerai copy, with very little of their own "innovation". I'm cool with homages, but they really seem to be taking Panerai designs and pretending that with some extra writing on the case and dial that it is there own. Very pricey as well, considering what they are.

#21 ·
Thanks for the comment, I'm Chris, the Distributor of Helfer in Aus & NZ.
I've just moved from a customer to now being a seller and distributor of Helfer due to the response I received when I wore the watches.

It's interesting that you bring up Panarei, I am also a collector of Pana's - the only thing that you really notice is the dimension and similar body - but the designs of Helfer are very much removed from Panarei and they are becoming quite distinct. There is a growing Helfer fan base and whilst we are only a few years old, I hope we can offer some designs which attract you in the future.

Thanks for the feedback, we really appreciate it.

#4 ·
Just actually learning about them now because of you, Don, and Garrick, Angel. :) Man, this hobby is cool right?! Always learning about new things every day ! ..Can't really add anything, other than a thank you for finding them, and also to Don, and Garrick for the insight. :thumb:

#5 ·
Yeah, not really digging the "(insert whatever here) ELEMENT" on the bezel. I'd rather get a Gruppo Gamma or a Maranez if I wanted a Panerai lookalike.

Reactions: ganson
#6 ·
Agreed. There are much better homages out there for much more reasonable prices. Maranez, Magrette, Lum-Tec, Gruppo, and Ancon would scratch my itch just fine. If I wanted something more high end, there is always Ennebi, Anonimo, Zuriner, and others.

If I had over $2k to spend on a Panerai homage, I would save my pennies for a bit longer and buy the real thing or another brand that has a proper history, or has a more original spin on the design.

#8 ·
If I had over $2k to spend on a Panerai homage, I would save my pennies for a bit longer and buy the real thing or another brand that has a proper history, or has a more original spin on the design.
Even better. I've seen a few Panerai watches at the low end of 4k.

#7 ·
If I wanted to sport a Panerai homage, I would buy another one of these.

Great watch, super accurate (mine was running +2) and is really comfortable on a strap, not so much on a bracelet.

Citizen Signature Grand Touring.

#9 ·
Meh.

Don't get me wrong, they're nice-looking watches in my opinion, but not worth the price tag for a homage watch. I've got a Radiomir-style Manubushjie Marina Military Power Reserve that costs a fraction of a Helfer and is probably more reliable.

#15 ·
The truth about Helfer Watches Geneva

Hallo everybody , I am Livio Helfer , founder of Helfer Watches in 2001.
I have seen some coments here ,.. everybody is free to blame or to say his opinion! I am trying just to tell you the real story of my brand!
I registered back in 2002 the main shape of Helfer Watch, the Brand Design, in Bern, Switzerland! I mean a simetrical case with fix titanium crown protection. After few years, Panerai proposed very close design but in other price gamma and many other differences! Many other brands too!
Unfortunatelly I was forced to wait till 2013 to launch my first collections because of investors reasons :) !
Now, we follow my primary design and we propose high quality time-pieces with 12 years warranty in Superquarzt, Automatic and soon Tourbillon!
I choosed to respect my first design against all critics and bad comments..!
Because is my work!
I invite you to discover before everybody else the Divermaster Gold 100 pieces , ETA 2824-2 , 500M Water resistent! Was one of my first patents from 13 years ago! And it will be available for Christmans 2015! Catalog price? 1590 CHF! In pre-order 950 CHF! Too expensive for Automatic watch, 100% Swiss Made, rose gold plated, ceramic bezel, 2 genuine leather and rubber straps and 12 YEARS WARRANTY? You decide..

Attachments

#18 ·
Hallo everybody , I am Livio Helfer , founder of Helfer Watches in 2001.
I have seen some coments here ,.. everybody is free to blame or to say his opinion! I am trying just to tell you the real story of my brand!
I registered back in 2002 the main shape of Helfer Watch, the Brand Design, in Bern, Switzerland! I mean a simetrical case with fix titanium crown protection. After few years, Panerai proposed very close design but in other price gamma and many other differences! Many other brands too!
Unfortunatelly I was forced to wait till 2013 to launch my first collections because of investors reasons :) !
Now, we follow my primary design and we propose high quality time-pieces with 12 years warranty in Superquarzt, Automatic and soon Tourbillon!
I choosed to respect my first design against all critics and bad comments..!
Because is my work!
I invite you to discover before everybody else the Divermaster Gold 100 pieces , ETA 2824-2 , 500M Water resistent! Was one of my first patents from 13 years ago! And it will be available for Christmans 2015! Catalog price? 1590 CHF! In pre-order 950 CHF! Too expensive for Automatic watch, 100% Swiss Made, rose gold plated, ceramic bezel, 2 genuine leather and rubber straps and 12 YEARS WARRANTY? You decide..
Mr. Helfer,

I appreciate your introduction and explanation. I am, however, confused by one thing you discuss. You note registering the case design and crown lock in 2002, yet Panerai has had this design and crown lock for many decades. In fact, a U.S. patent was filed in November 26, 1956 for the locking mechanism. I'm just confused what makes yours different and how that sets you apart from Panerai?

I would have to say, as others have said, your brand appears be a homage to Panerai as opposed to something new.

I'd also like to see a side view close up of your lock system if you have it. I cannot seem to find a adequate photo online.

I'm sure you make a good product, I do not question that at all. I think many here are just leery due to your youth as a company, lack of exposure to your products, and the seemingly homage nature of your design. If you have more to offer about your differences I, for one, would be happy to read about it.

Regards,

Jeff

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

#19 ·
Helfer

Hi everyone,

And following on from Livio's comments......

I can speak with authourity and experience regarding Helfer watches.
I am the distributor for Helfer in Australia & New Zealand.

I recently made my passion into a business and jumped on board with Helfer after buying 5 watches and seeing the high quality, great response from people around me when i wore them and fantastic service from Helfer.

I am an avid collector, with over 40 watches including Panarei, IWC, Rolex, Omega and many more, so I have my fair share of 20 years in watches and knowing a solid watch when I see one.

Helfer is constantly investing their brand, the manufacturing and service they offer their customers. Its a very impressive business that has a growing fan base around the workd and I am seeing a huge reaction to the watches here in Australia.

We are now COSC certified, less than 3% of watches from Switzerland attain this, this is a wonderful new certification and an indication of where this brand is going, high quality, great craftmanship and excellent materials.

We offer a 12 year guarantee, I am yet to have any complaints or any watches have an issue from the large number we have sold. but be assured if you encounter an issue, we pride ourselves on customer service and you will be attended to in the best possible fashion.

To those comparing Helfer to Panarei, this is not an uncommon comment, BUT the designs are very much different to a Panarei, there are some similarities in the case, but people embrace this as its a great look, but the actual design elements, materials etc, all make them unique and different. The designs are evolving all the time and there's some really exicting models coming in the months ahead.

It's an exciting time as we start to gain ambassadors in sport, fashion, celebrity and we start to evolve our brand culture with events, clubs and the like. It's early days, but great things take times and we have had to overcome enormous hurdles to grow this brand - maintaining a focus on high quality, affordable watches that look fantastic.

We know our position in the market, we don't pretend to be something we are not and we love that the market is embracing our watches and the community of Helfer owners is growing every week.

We love the watch market place and respect everyones position it, we respect your opinion on our designs, we can't please everyone, but we believe we offer incredible value for money for high quality pieces we are producing. I have no doubt (as I have banked an investment in groeing the business myself now) that Helfer will continue to grow, expand the designs, collections, include even more desirable materials and launch more exclusive fine handmade Swiss timepieces in the future.

Right now, we offer you an excellent range of timepieces, that are accessible to all, made with care, designed with passion and offered with movements and materials that are backed by our 12 year warranty.

Take a look, maybe you'll become a fan, but if you're not, don't hate those that are.
We are really only at the very beginning of our journey and I look forward to bringing more exciting updates on some special pieces we have coming soon.

#20 ·
Hi guys

I have been looking at this brand but cannot find any reviews. Is anyone here familiar with this brand? They make expensive watches.

http://www.helferwatches.com/index.php

The watches are not expensive, but I suppose that is relative. But relative to other Swiss watches that offer the high quality materials and movements we offer, we are exceptionally good value as we are an emerging brand.

I would be more than happy to send you pricing and availability on any of the models there.

#33 ·
Welcome.
What's the price of a Divermaster in USD?
Hi there, "Andrema",

Please email me at info@helferwatches.com.au and I will send you back pricing based on the exchange rate at that time, with some additional information and options for you, there are different finishes, options etc.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Chris Harris, Director
Helfer Watches Australia
Suite 6, Level One,
360 Pacific Highway
Crows Nest, NSW
Australia.
T. +61 2 9431 3000
E. info@helferwatches.com.au
W. helferwatches.com.au

#35 ·
For the record and as is noted elsewhere, Helfer in no way has ever claimed to be a Panarei clone, nor do they seek to be one. Helfer designs stand alone, they are growing in range, popularity and reputation as there own design.
Sure there are similarities being a 44+ size watch, but when you look across the range and compare to Panarei they are very different.

I am a watch collector, I own many Panarei and stumbled upon Helfer due to them being a great looking 44+ watch, I owned many Helfer, was always answering enquiries from others - so now I have become a distributor.
My customers love their watches and come from all walks of life and I am yet to meet a dissatisfied customer or a bad timepiece.

Anyone can email me at info@helferwatches.com.au if they want more information on options, finishes, pricing etc.
Or if you're local in Sydney, drop in and say hi and check out the range yourself, I have over 30 models on display.

Chris Harris, Director
Helfer Watches Australia
Suite 6, Level One,
360 Pacific Highway
Crows Nest, NSW
Australia.
T. +61 2 9431 3000
W. helferwatches.com.au

#37 ·
Hi Holly,
Would you like to see some of the recent media reviews and write up's?
As a relatively new brand to market, it is our job (well mine as a distributor of Helfer) to educate the market and let you discover the world of Helfer and our great range of watches.

I stand behind them 100% and I have had a fantastic response from my customers with many becoming repeat buyers.

You can email me at info@helferwatches.com.au if you want more information on options, finishes, pricing etc.
Or if you're local in Sydney, drop in and say hi and check out the range yourself, I have over 30 models on display.

Chris Harris, Director
Helfer Watches Australia
Suite 6, Level One,
360 Pacific Highway
Crows Nest, NSW
Australia.
T. +61 2 9431 3000
W. helferwatches.com.au

#36 ·
Let's get this out in the open as you messaged me directly - you said your "friend" is a distributor, so he should take his issues up with Helfer Geneve directly, whom I have no issues dealing with.

Your "friend" obviously has no idea what he is talking about regarding the movements, in fact the comment of "plastic" is just laughable, you only need to look at the recent press reviews and articles to recognise your friend is simply trying to be inflammatory due to a failed commercial decision.

You say he is a distributor with 3-4 watches - obviously not serious about what he's doing - so please, get him to take it up with Helfer Geneve, who i find excellent to communicate and deal with.

#41 ·
anyhow the company is really bad you guys try it for your self , my friend told me who got 5 watches as the distributor and they didn't even bother giving him the warranty documents i guess that's why they offer 12 years warranty how could people asks for the warranty when the distributor doesn't offer some documents ? teh

#45 ·
Wait. Their "Diver Professional" has a WR of 100 meters? I'm not sure that qualifies as either a dive watch or professional anything.

Decent homage I guess except for the awkward writing on the top of the bezel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.