Watch Freeks banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

As the title suggests, I'm interested in picking up a heavy duty brushed SS mesh strap for my Armida A1 (24mm lug width) with a very strong clasp and a bit of adjustment. I don't want to spend any more than £100.

Would all 24mm straps fit, or are there other considerations that I haven't thought of?

I've never owned a mesh strap before, so please excuse my ignorance. Should I expect it to quickly pluck every hair on my wrist within seconds? They just look like they would.

Edit. I have 7.25" wrists if it makes any difference? How do you size mesh??

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Dude, my arms are as fuzzy as a monkeys and I've never had a single hair plucked by my mesh bracelets. :)
You needn't worry about anything but the lug width either. 24mm mesh will fit your Armida beautifully.
May I suggest ordering from Helson? I've found Peter's mesh to be quite nice and comparable to even the vaunted Omega mesh. Which I own as well btw.
Not sure if Helson makes a 24mm but that's where I'd start. Be sure and ask for a "seatbelt" clasp too. Those are the coolest!

I've found mesh to be by far the most comfortable bracelets. So much so that they've ruined me for traditional link bracelets.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Fuzzy as a monkeys" :)

Thanks for allaying my concerns - my Cave Dweller did a good bit of plucking and I'm just starting to grow my thicket back.

I had a look on the Helson website but couldn't see any straps on there at all. I guess they don't do them any more(?).

The tungchoy straps certainly look the part. The one I've seen says it has a seatbelt clasp(?) Are these particularly secure? This mesh is 4mm thick which doesn't sound very thick to me, or is it the norm / better in real life?

I can't add a link as the website uses flash filtering, but the part number would be DF242415B005B-AB

So if my wrist is 7.25" (184mm) and the lug to lug of the Armida A1 is 50mm, I presume this means I need a 134mm strap? The 'AB' size states size "max-153mm / min-124mm".

Sorry to be such a noob, but it would be an expensive mistake, especially with shipping to the UK.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
I second the Tungchoy/Strapcode mesh. I have 2 of them and they are great quality. 4mm is pretty thick for mesh, and the seatbelt clasp is plenty secure. My advise would be to err on the longer side of the mesh because you can always cut it down with wire cutters or a dremel.

Reactions: Jams_123
1 - 5 of 5 Posts