Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

A long time ago I had to have a car with a blown engine get towed to a service center for warranty repairs. I followed after work so I got to the dealer's service center about 6 hours later. With the service center's approval I went to retrieve my personal belongings I couldn't before my car was towed, all missing. A portable CD, three various CDsand a small zip up CD case. A nice ink pen, lock de-ice, and a comb. The service center assured me that no one has went near it and it was dropped off inside by the tow truck driver. So I suspect the tow truck driver.

I questioned the company, but they of course denied that their driver would steal from their customer's cars.

No biggie, just some small stuff, luckily!

I have since then been observant when noticing a tow truck or flat bed car hauler pulled over and the driver rifling through the car in tow.

If you saw a tow truck or car hauler pulled over and the driver was going through the car what would you think? What would you do?

Just curious.

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Mind my own business, that is nothing more then trouble! I have had a car towed and I was smart enough too remove all items I wanted to keep!!! Live and learn I say, if you leave your stuff in the car when being towed expect it not to be there when you return for it!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
imported post

RipitRon wrote:
Mind my own business, that is nothing more then trouble! I have had a car towed and I was smart enough too remove all items I wanted to keep!!! Live and learn I say, if you leave your stuff in the car when being towed expect it not to be there when you return for it!
I agree, if you are able to get it out, what about accident victims and traffic busts?

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

All is lost, in this case IMO. like i said not my problem, life is tough enough let someone else deal with this situation. as much as I hate the fact that a low life POS would steal, I can not concern myself with a petty crime. Now if it is a crime on humanity or an animal there will be a beat down coming, but a petty thief I would just let it slide!

Tera-Ram wrote:
RipitRon wrote:
I agree, if you are able to get it out, what about accident victims and traffic busts?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Watchguru58 wrote:
I deal with tow truck companies all the time and I would suggest that you remove all valuables before it is towed. I get lots of reports of theft in these types of situations.
That is pretty damn sad! Not to sound like I'm old fashioned but where the hell are good old fashioned morals any more? When did it become acceptaqble for someone to rifle thru your car and steal stuff? Today's society isn't worth a sh*t!

·
Premium Member
24,243 Posts
imported post

No but I do have a taxi cab story.

When in Barcelona on business we arranged to go to a Paella restaurant to sample the local food. Upon leaving the hotel we handed the taxi driver the address and he drove us to the restaurant, about a 45 minute drive. We had a great meal and hailed a cab to return to the hotel after dinner. The cab driver literally drove us around the block, two left turns, and we were back at the hotel. The first guy ripped us off badly. We had a good laugh because we were traveling on business and ended up seeing some of the city and the company paid. No damage done.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
Watchguru58 wrote:
I deal with tow truck companies all the time and I would suggest that you remove all valuables before it is towed. I get lots of reports of theft in these types of situations.
That is pretty damn sad! Not to sound like I'm old fashioned but where the hell are good old fashioned morals any more? When did it become acceptaqble for someone to rifle thru your car and steal stuff? Today's society isn't worth a sh*t!
It is very sad. I feel the same way as you. We have a saying in my squad "If it's not bolted down, welded down, or glued down then it will get stolen".

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

No. Totaled my car a few weeks back. Went to get my stuff out the next day and some items were laying in the seat so someone had went through it. My guess is the cops looking for my insurance info or something. Didn't appear anything was missing. Hadn't really given much thought to this being an issue but can see how it could become one.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Another place that steals your stuff is Jiffy Lube. They are "Felon Friendly". They hire convicted felons to change your oil and lube your car. When you leave you find out that not only your car got lubed. They even steal stuff out of Police cars. Our officers are now required to stay in their vehicles when the oil is changed. I don't know why we still contract with them.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.