Watch Freeks banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry but have not been on here much lately.I have had a lot of things to worry about.My daughter is graduating highschool this spring.We have been driving around the New England area looking at colleges.Holy crap some cost more then the mortgage on my house.Then to add to my stress I was hit by a car about a month ago while crossing the street.I got knocked unconscious for about 2 minutes.Got sent to the hospital by ambulance.Luckly no broken bones or traumatic head injuries.Its been taking me awhile to get back into the swing of things.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Holy crap!!! Glad to hear you're okay. And college is super high. I'm pushing my kid for a scholarship, but still trying to keep some money tucked away to pay for it.

Hopefully, you get back into the groove soon. Welcome back!

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Yes
Get well

I have a daughter who was doing good in school. Ok, I told her I would foot the bill to any college she chose.

BTW.... Don't do this

I figured sixth grader would not remember.. Right
Well she put it in that book they publish for pre HS kids..... She wanted one school

An IVY no less.... Ahh, funny I thought at the time

She graduated top of hr class and chose a school with no scholarship system.
Yes it was her 6th grade choice too. Cornell...... Yikes

Of course I am and was pleased, but man..... Talk about money

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
When I graduated college the tuition was $20gs' for the year. Nowadays it cost nearly $50gs'. Yikes...talk about an increase! I would never be able to afford that now. OP: glad you survived that accident.

·
Registered
1,848 Posts
Happy to know your'e OK after accident! Keep on keeping on. Things have a way of working out. Great thing that she wants to further her education - sadly, many have no desire. But it's not for everbody. Your daughter does! Good on her (& you)

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Freeks:
In my Environs, TCU is THE school to attend.
Last time I checked it cost $44,000.00 per.
Course that's the tuition. Sans books, food, etc.
Grandaughter Sam (4.00 GPA) will be attending
NTSU. Hopefully on an Art Scholarship.

Her mum n dad are Iron Men. (how can a female
be an Iron Man?)

She must'a got 20 invites from Universities

Lou Snutt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts