Watch Freeks banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

· Banned
1,360 Posts
Are those aftermarket straps easily available?

I've bought 2 of the Armida bracelets on Watchuseek within last 3 months. Preowned. Might be available if you email Armida.
The canvas is easily made by custom strap makers.
The mesh and Hirsch were gifts but yes, also easily found.

Reactions: okcmco

· Super Moderator
7,520 Posts
Thank you for all of your advice on Seiko Dive watches. I ordered a watch from Massdrop. It cost me $167.00 plus $7.50 shipping. However I do not hink this will be my last Seiko.....

Seiko SRP 311
Good price, and you can't go wrong with the 2nd gen Monster.

· Watch Freek
2,721 Posts
Thank you for all of your advice on Seiko Dive watches. I ordered a watch from Massdrop. It cost me $167.00 plus $7.50 shipping. However I do not hink this will be my last Seiko.....

Seiko SRP 311
Superb pieces I have had mine a week and I am loving it. View attachment 82858 View attachment 82866 Very accurate too at the moment it is only gaining a fraction of a second per day.

Enjoy and wear it in good health.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Superb pieces I have had mine a week and I am loving it. View attachment 82858 View attachment 82866 Very accurate too at the moment it is only gaining a fraction of a second per day.

Enjoy and wear it in good health.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.[/quo
dang that thing looks way better deployed than it does in the stock photo. I actually went on that website and ordered another one. I ordered the red and black on a mat steel bracelet. So I have a PVD coated steel bracelet orange fade on black, and a black tile with red markers on a brushed stainless bracelet The bargains en masse drop are excellent, but In a way it kind of sucks. Basically you have to wait until a certain number of people commit to buy, and then mass drop goes and gets a volume deal.
Anyway I'm excited about my first modern dive watch, and now I've been reading about Seiko and their history and dive watch is over 50 years I had no idea that not only are they an innovator, they are one of the leaders, in fact possibly the leader of dive watch producers. The level of loyalty that Seiko enjoys on it’s divers is incredible.
This experience has also taught me that Seiko as a watchmaker, completely stands on it’s own, without needing to copy Switzerland.
So in effect, what this experience has done for me is turned me from a Swiss watch snob to a Seiko watch snob. Yes indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 26 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.