Watch Freeks banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK. I hate to be this guy. but I am going to be. I pretty much have been into Swiss and German watches with a few Soviet watches. I did recently buy an Orient. But after seeing some of you showing and talking up your Seiko watches, especially dive watches, I decided to get one.
But Holy Cow! are there a lot of different Seiko dive watches out there! just doing a search on Ebay for “Seiko Diver” brings up 4009 listings. And looking at New watches reveled to me that many of the new Seiko automatic dive watches can cost thousands.
So I am hoping you Seiko fans can suggest to me a few to look at. I usually buy used. I am thinking of either a dress watch or a Dive watch. Or maybe suggest a series or range of Seiko watches.
By the way I cannot afford a spring drive. I am thinking 2-400 bucks on the used market.
Gracias!!!

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I did not know that there were non Japanese Seikos. But I will check it out. You Seiko guys are a breed apart and I am curious as to what inspires you guys. And yes I did ask.
By the way the Spring drive watches are incredible looking

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I love my SRP637 and I love recommending it to everyone. I love everything about it. Specs say around 47mm but due to short lug design it wears like a super incredibly comfy 44mm.

On Armida bracelet

On brown canvas

Black mesh

Hirsch rubber

Extremely versatile as you can see and I haven't even began to play with straps. It's a lot of fun and it demands I look at it and enjoy the view.

Next Seiko on my list is one of the new Turtles.
Are those aftermarket straps easily available?

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Ganson. I should have mentioned that I am partial to mechanical and mechanical autowind models. This one you mentioned is a kinetic, correct? But I really like the leather on steel. Pretty big watch too....

· Registered
407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
Superb pieces I have had mine a week and I am loving it. View attachment 82858 View attachment 82866 Very accurate too at the moment it is only gaining a fraction of a second per day.

Enjoy and wear it in good health.

Sent from my Sinclair ZX81 using Tapatalk.[/quo
dang that thing looks way better deployed than it does in the stock photo. I actually went on that website and ordered another one. I ordered the red and black on a mat steel bracelet. So I have a PVD coated steel bracelet orange fade on black, and a black tile with red markers on a brushed stainless bracelet The bargains en masse drop are excellent, but In a way it kind of sucks. Basically you have to wait until a certain number of people commit to buy, and then mass drop goes and gets a volume deal.
Anyway I'm excited about my first modern dive watch, and now I've been reading about Seiko and their history and dive watch is over 50 years I had no idea that not only are they an innovator, they are one of the leaders, in fact possibly the leader of dive watch producers. The level of loyalty that Seiko enjoys on it’s divers is incredible.
This experience has also taught me that Seiko as a watchmaker, completely stands on it’s own, without needing to copy Switzerland.
So in effect, what this experience has done for me is turned me from a Swiss watch snob to a Seiko watch snob. Yes indeed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.