Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK. I hate to be this guy. but I am going to be. I pretty much have been into Swiss and German watches with a few Soviet watches. I did recently buy an Orient. But after seeing some of you showing and talking up your Seiko watches, especially dive watches, I decided to get one.
But Holy Cow! are there a lot of different Seiko dive watches out there! just doing a search on Ebay for “Seiko Diver” brings up 4009 listings. And looking at New watches reveled to me that many of the new Seiko automatic dive watches can cost thousands.
So I am hoping you Seiko fans can suggest to me a few to look at. I usually buy used. I am thinking of either a dress watch or a Dive watch. Or maybe suggest a series or range of Seiko watches.
By the way I cannot afford a spring drive. I am thinking 2-400 bucks on the used market.
Gracias!!!

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Is Sumo and Turtle a nickname or will these names actually be in the title?

Gracias

They are nicknames, but at times are a part of the title/listing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: okcmco

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah they have those names are showing up on searches, but there's a dizzying array of model numbers. very cool watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
:smile-thumb2:For me I buy sapphire crystals. Can't say Hardex is bad but I have rigid standards or I flip

And as for a Seiko, I'd look for a J or made in Japan model

I know this can be countered by many Seiko guys, but it's just a way for me to not buy everything. I own a fe Seiko clocks, I'm not being a snob, in fact I would love a Spring Drive and love the Signature line on Citizen.

I like the fact you asked the question as I wanted to know too. LOL

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did not know that there were non Japanese Seikos. But I will check it out. You Seiko guys are a breed apart and I am curious as to what inspires you guys. And yes I did ask.
By the way the Spring drive watches are incredible looking

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DO you guys know of the ...
Orange, PVD IP Bezel, Steel Bracelet SRP315K2 dive watch?
Available new on Massdrop for under 200 bucks

·
Banned
754 Posts
I love my SRP637 and I love recommending it to everyone. I love everything about it. Specs say around 47mm but due to short lug design it wears like a super incredibly comfy 44mm.

On Armida bracelet

On brown canvas

Black mesh

Hirsch rubber

Extremely versatile as you can see and I haven't even began to play with straps. It's a lot of fun and it demands I look at it and enjoy the view.

Next Seiko on my list is one of the new Turtles.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I love my SRP637 and I love recommending it to everyone. I love everything about it. Specs say around 47mm but due to short lug design it wears like a super incredibly comfy 44mm.

On Armida bracelet

On brown canvas

Black mesh

Hirsch rubber

Extremely versatile as you can see and I haven't even began to play with straps. It's a lot of fun and it demands I look at it and enjoy the view.

Next Seiko on my list is one of the new Turtles.
Are those aftermarket straps easily available?

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Lots of options out there.

I'll throw one out that I just got a chance to try on at JC Penny yesterday and was very pleased with the overall size and appearance.

It's a larger sized case than I expected, a little bigger than the 6309 I had on when I looked at it, and a bit thicker. Very well finished with a very nice brown leather strap. Under $300 on Amazon, and about the same at JCP. There are a few other variants including black bezel on a bracelet, black ion cases, and others. Looked very sharp, and I almost picked it up on impulse, but I have other plans for that money.

The stock photos don't do it any justice, it is very sharp in person.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ganson. I should have mentioned that I am partial to mechanical and mechanical autowind models. This one you mentioned is a kinetic, correct? But I really like the leather on steel. Pretty big watch too....

·
Super Moderator
7,444 Posts
Ganson. I should have mentioned that I am partial to mechanical and mechanical autowind models. This one you mentioned is a kinetic, correct? But I really like the leather on steel. Pretty big watch too....
I'm not a huge kinetic fan myself, and would rather go full quartz or even solar than Kinetic, but wanted to point that model out as I just tried one on yesterday and was very impressed with its presence all around.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts