Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

one of my favorite songs - Duran Duran - "Come Undone"

i remember one night just listening to the words =

"who do you love when you come undone?"

WOW -what a question

more importantly - ever been there? have you ever been so twisted by life that you felt this way -come undone ???

I have -and i survived - and I'm sober with no addictions (other than the obvious watch thing-LOL) but i got a few grey hairs for it and its just like coming out of an abyss!!

kinda rough

so seriously - on the somewhat existenstial side of life - can anyone here relate??

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

good question and one that is not easily answered without a lot of inner reflection and ... honesty

I have come undone many times in my life due to financial pressures, both real, and others implied. By implied I felt I needed to live a certain way to live up to a "fake standard" or expectation I had placed on my self. almost peer pressure on myself from .. myself. Pressure that was so big that I felt I could never live up to it. Never be successful, regardless of any success I might have achieved.

Another time I have felt I "came undone" was after the end of my first marriage. That was completely due to feelings of "failure". Regardless of all of the obvious reasons we should be apart and were not right for each other, I had an overwhelming feeling of failing in the relationship and failing myself. Of course that feeling passed, but not without some hard days.

not sure I really answered the question, but in the end I do believe the saying "whatever does not kill you makes you stronger".....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

I think everyone at some time in their life comes undone. For me it was when my business went down the tubes due to the economy. I felt like a failure for awhile until I realized that it wasn't my fault and that I have to move on and find another job, which I did and for that I'm greatful!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
I think everyone at some time in their life comes undone. For me it was when my business went down the tubes due to the economy. I felt like a failure for awhile until I realized that it wasn't my fault and that I have to move on and find another job, which I did and for that I'm greatful!
what type of business was it sheraortho (if you don't mind talking about it)?

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

Thank you and yes the whole point of the question was to create "inner reflection"

much of our social problems in life are creations of the "mind" which may or may not be healthy for us

sometimes we take offense from others words or actions when no offense was intended

being able to reflect on ourselves allows us to Check ourselves and make sure our minds are in a healthy place!!

TVDinner wrote:
good question and one that is not easily answered without a lot of inner reflection and ... honesty

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Yes, early one morning when I arrived at the Columbus Ohio Bulk Mail Center where I had to unload several As, rolling shelf with mail on them.

My snap of my sweat shorts I was wearing had come undone and as I pushed the rolling shelf over to the other units, the docks were full of people. Its very busy early mornings at postal facilities.

I turned to walk back to my truck and my shorts hit the floor. Two sets of heavy keys in one pocket, a Master lock and my cell phone in the other front pocket. My wallet in the rear pocket.

They dropped at light speed. There I am, standing totally exposed down to my tighty whiteys. I bent down and grabbed them back up and snapped the fastener.

I looked around and no one even noticed anything at all. They were all to busy doing their own business to notice my wardrobe malfunction.

Uh, Huh? What? Inner reflection? What does that have to do with your clothing coming undone?

Oh, not clothing, but... never mind. Sorry.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
sheraortho wrote:
what type of business was it sheraortho (if you don't mind talking about it)?
I was an independent distributor for a number of orthopaedic product lines in the medical field. I lost my two biggest lines due to buyouts and that took about 75% of my income. Then because of the economy, I couldn't keep things going.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

wow sorry to hear that. I have 2 good friends who were in the pharm business and had just about the same thing happen to them when they lost their drug lines or their company was sold.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

TVDinner wrote:
wow sorry to hear that. I have 2 good friends who were in the pharm business and had just about the same thing happen to them when they lost their drug lines or their company was sold.
Funny you mention that, I'm currently in pharmaceutical sales and was notified yesterday that my company is chopping 25% of the sales force! I will be sitting at home tomorrow waiting for a phone call to let me know if I have a job or not!! Say a prayer for me!!

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

damn. I definitely will do that my friend.

·
Registered
10,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

Brian - i'll keep you in my prayers brotha!!

remember -if it doesnt kill you...it makes you stronger!!

you will get thru it no matter what the current situation!!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

sheraortho wrote:
Say a prayer for me!!
Of course I will say a prayer for you...I'm so sorry to read what you are going through.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
imported post

Man, it's getting worse and worse, where is all the stimulated economy and jobs someone promised we would have after spending billions and billions of our tax dollars?

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

Prayers and Karma for you Brian. Be strong Bro! Let us know how you make out.

As for "coming undone"? I have been there more than once myself. Shew. I like to describe it as getting knocked down on the canvas. You can either stay down for the count or you can get up and keep fighting. I've always chose the latter, but at times it wasn't easy. Just keep moving forward. It's all about life's struggles. Hills and valleys.

Like James stated, "That which doesn't kill you makes you stronger".

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Well, I'm happy to report that I got the call yesterday and I get to keep my job!!! However, I will be in a new position. Still selling the same drug but to a totally new customer base. I'll be part of a group that will be blazing this new trail.

I want to thank all of you for your kind words of encouragement, your well-wishes and Karma because IT WORKED!!!

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
imported post

That's fantastic news !...I am delighted for you !

1 - 20 of 25 Posts