Watch Freeks banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Hi Guys...

I was wondering if anyone of you has had a crystal form a bubble in the crystal. My SO Uptown Ozzie XL has a small bubble like thing in it's crystal....it's not really a chip, because you can't really feel it...you can see it is there though.

With the camera...it looks like a chip...yet when you run your fingers over the top of it, you cannot feel it on top. On the side of the crystal, you can feel it....but not on top. I wrote SO CS to see what can be done.....but I have just never seen anything like it. I did not bump it or anything...as I had stored it in a case, and it was fine then. The next time I took it out....I noticed the bubble.

I got the watch as clean as possible...but there is still dust on it when I take pictures that I can't see otherwise.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

that is really strange. Have you called Stuhrling about this yet? If yes, what did they say?

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Very weird Larry. I have never seen or heard of that before. I bet SO will take care of you. Good luck!

CJ

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Might have been something under the crystal when it was installed. Between the case and crystal. Maybe a weather change caused the case to expand or contract and the crystal just let go.

Like an auto windshield it's just probably going to get worse. Send it in. Easy fix.

Should be no problem.

T.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
imported post

I emailed their CS...and it's not that expensive to have it fixed. I'll send it in after this week is over...no need to have it get lost in the Thanksgiving mail frenzy. I just have not seen anything like it before.

·
Registered
466 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:
Might have been something under the crystal when it was installed. Between the case and crystal. Maybe a weather change caused the case to expand or contract and the crystal just let go.

Like an auto windshield it's just probably going to get worse. Send it in. Easy fix.

Should be no problem.

T.
Yeah, I've never seen anything like this either. Whatever it is, though, it looks like some sort of internal damage to the crystal that doesn't reach all the way to the surface. I agree with toecutter that weather change might indeed be the culprit behind this little "bubble" of imperfection, though I do question whether or not it's a "bubble" at all. The that you can barely feel anything on the surface of the crystal because it could be cracked or damage on the underside of it, and the convex nature of the crystal warps the way it looks and makes it appear to be some sort of bubble. That's all just speculation, of course, and the only way to find out for sure is to take it apart. I wonder if they'll let you keep the defective crystal after they've replaced it...I think that'd be pretty neat.

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
imported post

Felix wrote:
toecutter wrote:

Should be no problem.

T.
Yeah, I've never seen anything like this either. Whatever it is, though, it looks like some sort of internal damage to the crystal that doesn't reach all the way to the surface. I agree with toecutter that weather change might indeed be the culprit behind this little "bubble" of imperfection, though I do question whether or not it's a "bubble" at all. The that you can barely feel anything on the surface of the crystal because it could be cracked or damage on the underside of it, and the convex nature of the crystal warps the way it looks and makes it appear to be some sort of bubble. That's all just speculation, of course, and the only way to find out for sure is to take it apart. I wonder if they'll let you keep the defective crystal after they've replaced it...I think that'd be pretty neat.
I can always ask the CS department to send the crystal to me after they take it out. It is just weird to look at for sure. In the light...you really can't see it...but if you get to the side of it...it is clearly visible...just like my pictures. Well....I have no problem sending in the watch and paying for the crystal to be replaced....I am just curious as to what caused it...as it was just inthe case it came in and in my drawer.

·
Registered
7,803 Posts
imported post

WOW that is pretty strange, am interested as to finding out what it is??? keep us posted.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

havent seen anything like that it will interesting to find out if t was some form of expansion let us know

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
imported post

Larry M PM'ed me on WG's and I ended up talking to him for almost 20 minutes. I sent the watch directly to Larry in Brooklyn and he told me he would take care of it. I will let you know when I get the watch back and post pics of it when I do get it back. I will also check with them to find out if they figured out what caused the imperfection.

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Bichondaddy wrote:
Larry M PM'ed me on WG's and I ended up talking to him for almost 20 minutes. I sent the watch directly to Larry in Brooklyn and he told me he would take care of it. I will let you know when I get the watch back and post pics of it when I do get it back. I will also check with them to find out if they figured out what caused the imperfection.
Very cool CS on Larry's part. It's nice to see companies that care about their customers after they have received their money. Many other companies could learn from this.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts