Watch Freeks banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

Harry Winston makes some of the super high end timepieces, that also have incredible technology inside them!

http://www.harrywinston.com/Time.aspx?section=timepieces

Some cool models -

Harry Winston Opus V Rose Gold - these are EXTREMELY limited.

The Opus Collection - http://www.harrywinston.com/CollectionExpand.aspx?section=timepieces&current=opus

DEVELOPED WITH FELIX BAUMGARTNER Limited edition of 100 pieces. Movement: F. Baumgartner mechanical off-centered movement with satellite hour display and retrograde minute hand moving over a 120° counter. Power-reserve indicator (120 hours), Day and night indication. Dial: Three small blocks arranged like satellites within a three-dimensional system. Since each block carries four numerals, two rotational axes are required to display all 12 hours: the first central axis enables each hour numeral to "move past" the minute counter while driving the retrograde hand gliding over a 120° graduated scale; while the second reveals the four numerals in accordance with first rotation. 50mm round case made of rose gold or 950 PT platinum.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
imported post

Opus 6
http://www.harrywinston.com/Product.aspx?alias=004-opus6-timepieces&current=opus&section=timepieces

Opus 6

DEVELOPED WITH GREUBEL FORSEY Limited edition of 6 pieces. Movement: manually wound mechanical tourbillon developed with Greubel Forsey, movement with 288 components (2 tourbillon cages with a total of 128 components). Power reserve – 72 hours. Hours and minutes indication by co-axial discs at 3 o’clock. Small seconds indication by disc at 11 o’clock. 44mm round case in white gold with shaped convex sapphire glasses.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
imported post

Only made 20 of these 48mm monsters

Model - Histoire de Tourbillon
http://www.harrywinston.com/Product.aspx?alias=262c61ffa1fc4055b98976a1857be843&current=haute-horology&section=timepieces

Exploring the movement and sculpture of the complication, the Histoire de Tourbillon 1 envisions a modern interpretation of the tourbillon, through innovative materials and a highly sophisticated mechanism. Sleek and unique, the 48mm case is constructed of white gold and Zalium, an ultra‐light zirconium‐based alloy, known for its low density, high‐thermal resistance, and high durability. On the technical side, the timepiece features two 25° inclined singleaxis tourbillons with rapid 36‐second rotations, which work together to neutralize any effects of gravity. This high rotational speed minimizes prolonged exposure of the regulator to natural gravity. Comprised of 88 components, each ultra‐light system weighs a mere 0.46 grams, allowing the cages to effectively perform the rapid 36‐second rotations. Drawing focus to the harmony of the mechanisms, sculptural elements further emphasize the perfectly regulated and rapid movement of the two tourbillons. Known as hypnotic art, this creates the illusion that the two tourbillons are moving towards the sapphire crystal glass. Diameter of the case: 48mm Movement: mechanical, double tourbillon, manual winding Material: white gold and Zalium Reference: 500/MMT48WZLLimited Edition of 20 pieces

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
imported post

Model - Project 72

Project Z2 In 2005, Harry Winston took the Z concept a step further – or deeper – creating the Project Z2 Diver, the world’s first Zalium chronograph dive watch, water-resistant to 200 meters. Zalium (case, clasps and back), platinum (unidirectional bezel) and leather (bracelet) were combined to decorate this watch with its contrasting and harmonious elements. Diameter of the case: 44mm Movement: automatic Material: Zalium Reference: 410/MCA44ZC.A

http://www.harrywinston.com/Product.aspx?alias=008-project-z2-timepiece&current=ocean&section=timepieces

·
Registered
117 Posts
imported post

Way out of my price range, but unquestionable neat.

Can anyone tell me what exactly "Zalium" is? (From Project 72 model)

·
Registered
7,795 Posts
imported post

These folks help keep traditional watchmaking alive with the pieces they produce. Their innovations and executions whereas "over-the-top", produce technologies that "we" see down the line in our more common timepieces. They're kinda like the Mercedes "S" Class, in the automotive realm . . . technologies that you see on the "S" Class today will eventually become common-place in 5-7 years. Where as there are many cars that cost more, no Model has so many innovations to it's credit.

You won't see many Harry Winston timepieces on the wrist as they are often the centerpiece of one's collection.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
imported post

Oh to have a BIG BOY budget! I could only imagine how the collection would look! The last 2 post would definitely be a part of it. Those are beautiful pieces.

·
Registered
6,217 Posts
imported post

Iam sure there are people out there that can buy them and do even if I could it would get no wrist time as I would be afried of scratching it but they sure do look nice

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
imported post

From Baselworld 2010

Harry Winston Opus X

Reference: 500/MMJFMWL.K
Movement: Mechanical movement with manual winding
Functions: Display of time by modules for hours, minutes and seconds mounted on a platform
Continuous movement of the platform rotates in twenty-four hours
Twenty-four hour second time zone indicated in the periphery
Linear power reserve indicator on the case back
Case: 46 mm white gold
Strap: Black alligator
Buckle: White gold
Power Reserve: 72 hours
Water resistance: 30 meters
Limited edition: 100 pieces

------------

Name: Project Z6
References: 400/MMAC44ZC.K
Movement: Mechanical with manual winding
Functions: Hour, minute, small second (Shuriken) Day and night indication Alarm clock with day and night indication
Power reserve: 72 hours
Rubies: 45 rubies
Case: Zalium, 44 mm
Dial: Anthracite, open dial allowing to see the hammer of the alarm clock
Buckle: Zalium
Strap: Black rubber
Water resistance: 100 meters
Limited series: 250 pieces available at authorized dealers
Collection: Ocean

SOURCE

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
imported post

Good video

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/v/ZOXrzcvnmCs&hl=en&fs=1[/flash]

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
imported post

Watchtower wrote:
Way out of my price range, but unquestionable neat.

Can anyone tell me what exactly "Zalium" is? (From Project 72 model)
Not too sure what Zalium is but it's probably in the same class as Unobtainium.

(actually it's an alloy of Aluminum and Zirconium developed by Harry Winston.)

·
Banned
5,876 Posts
imported post

TUNAKLLR wrote:
Oh to have a BIG BOY budget! I could only imagine how the collection would look! The last 2 post would definitely be a part of it. Those are beautiful pieces.
That it would be.....can't imagine having that kind of money to spend on a watch. Most of the guys with that kind of money don't spend it on watches though!! My wife watch the Kathy Griffin show...and last year she was dating Steve Wozniak...the only time I saw him with anything but a Casio G Shock was when they went to the Emmy's together.

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
imported post

new model - from TimeZone

Harry Winston Midnight Chrono Tourbillon

Limited Edition of 50 Pieces in Rose Gold and 50 Pieces in White Gold

The case, in 18kt white or rose gold, measures 42mm. It has double sapphire crystals and is water resistant to 30 meters.

Movement is a manual-wind HW caliber with chronograph and tourbillon complications.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts