Watch Freeks banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey I'm new to the site. I've several watches that I only wear for special occasions, a couple suitable for long commercial kitchen work days and couple that I wear are for the abuse of down hill bike racing. Most can't take the pounding and have shaken the hell out of a couple diver style watches. I wonder what anyone might recommend. I like a diver style and a chrono is not mandatory. looking for a beast. Any assistance in this matter is appreciated

·
Registered
227 Posts
The new Victorinox INOX is coming out in a couple of weeks and is a tank on paper. Check out the Victorinox page for piccies / specs etc.

Reactions: chase

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
A chef friend of mine just switched to G Shock full time. He kept beating up his Hammy and Tissot.

Reactions: MuscleBear

·
3,979 Posts
Tatoo Chef is all over the issue of tough watches.
Matter of fact I own both a Reactor 60001 Prisma. Tough as a battleship and built
like one too. Ditto the Casio GW 3000bb 1a.
But me? Im as easy on a watch as if it were crystal wine glasses.

X traindriver Art

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
A chef friend of mine just switched to G Shock full time. He kept beating up his Hammy and Tissot.
I agree if you are going to wear it in a kitchen, G-shock is the way to go. It was the only watch I didn't destroy while working.

Any stainless steel watch, no matter how tough it is, will get the bezel and bracelet scratched and knocked around and in a few months time will look like crap.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Reactor is extremely tough if you don't want a G Shock. I've had great luck with Androids. They are beefy and rugged. Best CS in the watch industry IMHO

·
Registered
3,664 Posts
How bout momentum pretty rugged and most models are inexpensive. Get a quartz model for rough wear. Would still grab a gshock though if it were me.

sent via mobile

·
Registered
32 Posts
Think many of us are hard on watches! I try to avoid any decent watch during physical activity, get some plastic watch ( eg G -shock) for that.
Also found that a sapphire crystal is invaluable for me, other wise the watch glass gets scratched to hell, the ones on the steel don't show up half as much!

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can pick up a decent G-Shock for about fifty bucks, if you look around for a while. Reactor, of what I have seen. Is about $250 up, for something that's descent. Of course it's up to you.

·
Registered
8,308 Posts
Phew.
After seeing the title, I wasn't sure about clicking on this.
I say go with a G-shock, too.
The least expensive one you can find that suits your needs.
Get a couple.
You're downhilling. Nothing is going to last for long.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Good thread but I also did a double take on title followed by the name, number of posts and I figured it had to be ...
Well, nice, going to look at the reactor again

Welcome to forum..."
What type of kitchen you working.?

I'm a foodie on cooking.... Just don't tell the chef

1 - 20 of 30 Posts