Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else experienced this one of the hands on my watch has fallen off and now non of them line up bit disappointing as it's less than ten months old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Is it a real Tag?
Can't tell with that picture.
Did you drop it? bang it, etc, etc.

Don't get offended. First posters like this usually have some sort of agenda, nowadays at least.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah it's a real Tag, no I didn't bag it I'm really careful with it for me it cost a lot of money and thought it would last years bit disappointing.
The agenda I have is to see if anyone else has experience this I thought Tag were good quality and have wanted a Tag F1 for ages wondering if I should have saved I bit more for a omega sea master now

·
Registered
489 Posts
Is it still under warranty? If it is, then you may be able to get that fixed at no cost to you. Even better if you purchased it through a B&M AD.

Reactions: Pallet Spoon

·
6,117 Posts
I have just two questions: when did you take it back to the place you bought it? Or, if not store bought, contacted TAG Heuer about this serious issue? That's what I would do, instead of posting it on some watch forum where no one can help you solve this.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have! Tag have already taken it back for repair its not a problem getting it fixed but I thought this was a watch enthusiast forum so thought I would see if anyone has come across this before as I was interested to know if this is a common thing with Tag's and what could cause it this to happen

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I have! Tag have already taken it back for repair its not a problem getting it fixed but I thought this was a watch enthusiast forum so thought I would see if anyone has come across this before as I was interested to know if this is a common thing with Tag's and what could cause it this to happen

Thanks for posting. All mechanical devices have their weak spots. One of the weak spots that is common among all of them is the human element. Someone has to put their hands on it during manufacture so that is a variable. Good QC will catch most issues but never all. That is why manufacture warranties are offered.

Happens to the best of them. The fact that they took care of you is the sign of a quality manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
BTW -- dont be put off by some of the comments above. Hang out long enough and you will be amazed at the bozos that post here and then vanish after 20 posts -- on their first few posts you can see what is coming.

The long timers are good people

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Glad to hear you're having no problems getting it fixed.

I don't have any Tags so i can't speak from experience, but I seriously doubt this is common. You were probably just unlucky enough to get the one that had a problem. It is probably as simple as the hand not being seated correctly. I doubt you will have any continued problems.

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
Do us a favor, let us know how your experience was with Tag warranty service.
That would be very informative for future Tag buyers.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I have had hands come off when shipping a watch. It would be interesting to hear the circumstances that led to this. Did you just wake up one day and find the hand floating around in there .... or was it the morning after a very drunk round of golf or some vigorous snow shoveling :p ???

I don't want to say it happens all the time but it is pretty common. Those hands are just pushed onto the posts and there are some pretty tight tolerances that must be held. Many times after initial removal the hands become a little more easy to dislodge.

The only thing that confuses me is that in your OP you state, "now none of them line up". All things being equal all of the other hands should still operate fine unless the stray one bounced around while the watch running and maybe got stuck under one of the others. This is part of the reason I asked about the circumstances.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I was just at work sitting at my desk I checked the time and all was fine then about 45mins later I checked the time again I had not moved just sitting there operating a mouse with the same hand my watching is on.
When I noticed one of the arms had come off and non of the other arms were in align.
I phoned the Tag customer service line wasn't great to be honest lady I spoke to couldn't have been less interested and I have emailed them with no response yet though

·
6,117 Posts
I
I phoned the Tag customer service line wasn't great to be honest lady I spoke to couldn't have been less interested and I have emailed them with no response yet though

But earlier in this thread you wrote (and I quote) "Tag have already taken it back for repair its not a problem getting it fixed". This I do not understand but perhaps that's just me.

Reactions: #four

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
I was just at work sitting at my desk I checked the time and all was fine then about 45mins later I checked the time again I had not moved just sitting there operating a mouse with the same hand my watching is on.
When I noticed one of the arms had come off and non of the other arms were in align.

That is definitely all warranty work then. One hand coming loose can happen. Having all the hands now misaligned is something else and is not something I would attempt to fix myself. Not common.

Send it to Tag with some good pictures so you know the condition it left in.

·
Banned
754 Posts
And after you get it back all fixed, sell that crap. I wouldn't stick around to see if it happens a third time. Yikes! Fool me thrice....

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looking at the picture it appears the pivot the hand fits on to has been broken. Hard to tell with the image though. If this is so it would likely be classed as accidental damage. Good luck though :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts