Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

The new Hamilton Thin-O-Matic line has its roots in the 1960s, when the original model of this name first made waves. Available in two case sizes, each modern watch conceals the power of a slim Swiss automatic 2824-movement in a design that fuses elegance and comfort. The original Hamilton Thin-O-Matic watc...hes earned fame as the flattest automatics of their time. Today’s tribute happily marries Swiss craftsmanship with modern watchmaking and design. Belonging to the “Modern Times” series, inspired by the iconic 1930s Charlie Chaplin movie, it adds a new chapter to a long and eventful horological story.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

nice looking watch head, but i do not like expansion bracelets. i understand it was in fashion in the '60's and '70's but so was bellbottoms and dropping acid :lol

·
Registered
8,306 Posts
imported post

four20 wrote:
nice looking watch head, but i do not like expansion bracelets. i understand it was in fashion in the '60's and '70's but so was bellbottoms and dropping acid :lol
So what's wrong with dropping acid? :%

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:
four20 wrote:
well, nothing i guess. i've done it a few times :%

maybe that was a bad analogy :lol

·
Registered
10,148 Posts
imported post

four20 wrote:
Gotta agree with Eric on this one. I too remember the twist-o-flex bands that were the rage. Nothing wrong with acid either if you are in the right place and time.

·
Super Moderator
10,946 Posts
imported post

Caddymon wrote:
Nothing wrong with acid either if you are in the right place and time.
i sorta remember this one :l

Grateful Dead- 07-12-89 Robert F. Kennedy Stadium, Washington, D.C. (Wed)
1: Touch, Minglewood, Half Step, Tom Thumb Blues, Far From Me, Cassidy, FOTD, Promised
2: Sugaree*, Woman Smarter*, Ship Of Fools, Estimated> Eyes> Drumz> Miracle> Mr. Fantasy> Black Peter> Lovelight E: Black Muddy River
*with Bruce Hornsby Bruce Hornsby & The Range opened

smokin' hot second set :c

·
Registered
7,651 Posts
imported post

My dad would absolutely love that watch, and he loves expansion bracelets.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
imported post

four20 wrote:
toecutter wrote:
four20 wrote:
well, nothing i guess. i've done it a few times :%

maybe that was a bad analogy :lol
Definately a thow back from the 70's. Never tried acid-but took mushrooms once, ended up in a fight with a biker gang-lived thru it-NEVER AGAIN!!! I never inhaled-and did not have sex with that woman-either!

:eek::BE:BE

·
Registered
421 Posts
imported post

That bracelet would be a REAL hair pincher!!!!!

·
Registered
10,288 Posts
imported post

four20 wrote:
Being that I was a part of that era, I resemble that remark !! :t:t:lol:lol

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
imported post

I like thin watches, and bringing back a vintage is nice, IMHO, for $800 to $1000, I would prefer something more modern. 42 MM is a great size, maybe a new dial design to reflect the 21st century ?

·
Registered
260 Posts
imported post

As a huge fan an owner of the original, I'm glad they decided on a Re-Issue. I wish they could have tooled up and Re-Issued it with the original movement instead of the
ETA. I don't also see a need for the larger size, but I'm glad they did at least offer it in 38mm...the "real size" LOL.......They shouldn't mess with Classics!!!!!
Regards Sonny

·
Banned
5,730 Posts
imported post

Love this Hammy. I would need to try the bracelet before replacing it with a nice ostrich exotic.

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
imported post

toecutter wrote:
four20 wrote:
Flashbacks are fun.....and they're free!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts