Watch Freeks banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve bought this watch over a year ago and it has been my dream watch. I try wearing it on special occasions, but the second hand keeps getting stuck or stopping. I wind it and give a decent amount of shakes prior to using; yet, the second hand seems to keep getting stuck within 10-14 minutes of use. The second hand keeps getting stuck between the 10-13 second positions. Is this a pricey fix, or does this mean the watch needs to be serviced?

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry accidentally posted this to the introduce yourself section of the forum. Can a moderator please move this to the appropriate section

·
Registered
14 Posts
The end of the second hand could be touching the crystal at that point. It could have happened if it was dropped face down and the hand jumped out of place. It’s a pretty easy fix for anyone who can pull the movement. Steve

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
319 Posts
Can you see what is stopping the seconds hand?

Is it level or tilted?

Do the other hands move or so they also freeze in place?

If its just the seconds hand it should be a cheap and quick fix. Cost me $8 when I fixed a Seiko automatic with a similar issue. The seconds hand got loose and tilted down making basically dislodging itself from movement. It just needed to be readjusted.

If none of the hands move this may be an issue with your balance wheel and your movement not retaining enough power. This doesn't sound like the problem though if the seconds hand is getting stuck at the same place each time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The rest of the hands stop when the second hand stops. Yes, it usually happens when tilted during use. It stays perfectly fine at keeping time when still in my watch box. I need to tap or give the movement a small shake for the second hand to continue time.

·
3,674 Posts
Jeff and Steve are most likely correct with identifying the problem.
Have the watch seen to by a watchmaker and you should be good to go.
Welcome to WF btw

1 - 6 of 6 Posts