Watch Freeks banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know the style and flip case aren't to everyone's liking, but I just kept coming back to this one and finally decided to pull the trigger. It arrived Tuesday of this week and I couldn't be happier. It's really quite stunning in person, and looks just right on my 7.5" wrist. For those that may be unaware, the movement is a Valjoux 7750, highly modified by ETA for this specific watch (Hamilton and ETA both being part of the Swatch Group). The only real negative is the lack of lume on the markers. Not a deal breaker, but I do like to be able to view the markers in a dark room, like a theater.

Other than that, there's really nothing I don't like about this watch. If you're into time pieces that are different, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not checking out the Face 2 Face II, especially since they only made 1999 of them. It's oval shape and unusual double-sided, flipping case are very unique indeed.

Eric

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Interesting Hammy. Welcome to WF

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Is this a current model?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
1,863 Posts
At first, I wasn't sure about it, but the more I look at it the more I'm intrigued by it.

Truly stunning photos, by the way! Thanks so much for posting!!!!!

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Just checked out the MSRP for this watch $3,995. Yikes!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I must say it looks very good on the wrist. I have a Hamilton Below Zero Chromo and I love it, I think they are much better watches than they get credit for.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You can get one for £2231, but that isn't the point. I think it is a really nice bit of kit, and when the OP gets fed up with it, I have a £25 put aside :smile-thumb:
Exactly. I don't pay MSRP for my pieces. For me personally it's not worth the perceived value of a 2-year manufacturer warranty, especially when most of the larger sites (Jomashop, eBay, Amazon, etc.) offer their own warranties in their place, but that's a topic for another post altogether.

If people ask me what a piece costs I give them the MSRP since the grey market isn't everyone's cup of tea. Oh, and IF I ever tire of this one and decide to sell, it'll cost you a BIT more than 25! :wink:

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Jomashop price for this watch is just short of $2,600 usd. That's more in the realm of reality. Although you could get an Omega SMPc or a Breitling Colt Chrono for the same price from them.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Jomashop price for this watch is just short of $2,600 usd. That's more in the realm of reality. Although you could get an Omega SMPc or a Breitling Colt Chrono for the same price from them.
Can't disagree with you there, but I tend to gravitate to the unusual and unique pieces. Nothing against the Rolex/Omega/Breitling/Tag/Tudor classics, they're just not really my thing.

·
Registered
4,610 Posts
Can't disagree with you there, but I tend to gravitate to the unusual and unique pieces. Nothing against the Rolex/Omega/Breitling/Tag/Tudor classics, they're just not really my thing.
It's definitely very unique looking, The Unique Hamilton that has piqued my interest is this one, the Pan Europe Chronograph

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's definitely very unique looking, The Unique Hamilton that has piqued my interest is this one, the Pan Europe Chronograph
Very nice piece. The non-chrono, blue-face Pan Europ is the one I've had my eye on. Hamilton just really impresses me. I can foresee owning several!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts