Watch Freeks banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
imported post

OK everyone, I kind of went out on a limb here to chase a couple grails. I absolutely just blew out my collection, I'm talking liquidated almost everything! I think 10-12 watches in a day, but it didn't bother me only because they were just collecting dust in the case. So I wen't out on a limb and picked up a couple of my all-time favorite watches that have been on my grail list forever. They are still enroute to the house so I will submit to you the pics that they had posted when I bought them.

The first one I picked up is a Marathon TSAR tritium vialed U.S. Government issue Search and Rescue Dive watch. An absolute tool of a watch! I kind of went crazy and bought 3 or 4 Maratac Zulu and NATO nylon straps for it, and spent a little more and bought the SS Government issue (US Seal) bracelet. Can't wait...

The next watch I have been eyeing for sometime now but I had to have it is the Hamilton Khaki Navy Frogman Chronograph, now you either love it or you hate it but I dig this thing! It has the Valj. 7750 movement and at 43mm its not overly big. I went a little crazy on this one too and bought I think 3 Maratac NATO and ZULU nylon straps as well for this one, we will see how they fit.

Now like I said, these aren't my pics, but they are the pics of the watches that are being sent to me, so as soon as these grail's get to my doorstep you can assure that I will take my own pics and post them, with all the straps and goodies I have for them. Let me know what you guys think!!!

Thanks for looking,

Cody

·
Premium Member
8,976 Posts
imported post

Both great watches. Love the Frogman myself. Enjoy them! That is by the way the exact Frogman I am looking at getting myself. Please tell me all about it when it arrives so I will know as much as possible about it.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
imported post

The case is 46mm they say, and the bezel is 41.10, I think the case is measured diagonally from the specs at Marathon. They make almost the exact same watch just without the trutium gas tubes in a true 46mm (The JSAR). So I'm guessing mine will measure around 42-43mm excluding the crown. We will see...

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

I bet the LUm is awesome also. I can't wait to really see it.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
imported post

Those are two incredible watches!! I LOVE the Marathon! If I weren't chasing the Breitling, I'd be all over one of those! They are built like tanks! CONGRATS on both and wear them in good health!

·
Banned
3,638 Posts
imported post

Not a huge fan of either, they just dont do anything for me, but too capture both grails I say Congrats and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,424 Posts
imported post

Congrats on both watches...2 awesome time pieces and hope you enjoy them both...post those pics when you get them...

·
Banned
9,128 Posts
imported post

Those are both beautiful timepieces. I'm all about liquidating old watches that don't sing anymore and upgrading to better watches. Very nice choices.

·
Registered
922 Posts
imported post

love the marathon.
dont like that particular hamilton model, but do appreciate what a fine timepiece it is.

2 quality watches. congrats.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts