Watch Freeks banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did anyone have time to see this Khaki Navy Scuba Syroco S.E.?

This new Khaki Navy Scuba was done in conjunction with Syroco,
and pays tribute to their wind-powered speedcraft, which is in the
works. With the watch itself having specifications which include a
40mm stainless steel case, blue and silver bezel, blue dial with
orange, and white accents, a sporty blue rubber strap, and the
H-10 automatic movement.

OceanicTime, along with Hamilton with much more...

HAMILTON Khaki Navy Scuba Syroco SPECIAL EDITION [hot air?]

Women's & Men's Watches | Official Website | Hamilton Watch

·
Watch Freek
621 Posts
I didn't dig in to its specs but I do like the colors.
Two question loom large to me ...

How many dollars and what is its WR?
Until other brands match/ exceed my Boldrs in these categories I'm not convinced to spend my $.

Cheap Charlie lives on in me.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didn't dig in to its specs but I do like the colors.
Two question loom large to me ...

How many dollars and what is its WR?
Until other brands match/ exceed my Boldrs in these categories I'm not convinced to spend my $.

Cheap Charlie lives on in me.

Looks like 100 meters on the WR, and then a $775 price tag sir.
So it honestly doesn’t have the bang for the buck factor of your
Boldrs Wrascal. 😉 The whole special edition theme adds even
more to these Khaki Navy models.

In reality you could pick up a couple Boldr models for the price
of just one of these. 😎😎

Want to thank you just for looking sir, but especially for joining
in on the conversation !!!

·
Watch Freek
621 Posts
I'm already over saturated with winding my 200M+ Boldrs; I've given up on maintaining the dates on several automatics (can't see several dates without reading glasses). 100M is ok but when I can get 200M, even 300M for less $ I have to ask why?

Cheap Charlie still wonders why I left the quartz zone.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm already over saturated with winding my 200M+ Boldrs; I've given up on maintaining the dates on several automatics (can't see several dates without reading glasses). 100M is ok but when I can get 200M, even 300M for less $ I have to ask why?

Cheap Charlie still wonders why I left the quartz zone.

I read you Wrascal. :) Some great questions. And as to the asking
why pay more for these Hamiltons when you can get more WR for
less? ..The answer is you don’t. (y) I honestly think a lot of the high
price with Hamilton has to do with it saying Hamilton on the dial.

As to why you left the quartz zone, I am betting you just really liked
the magic of a mechanical watch. :cool: But I get how keeping those
dates up to date, along with just keeping them wound can be a pain.

Perhaps a Citizen Eco-Drive would be a nice change of pace for you. ;)

·
Watch Freek
621 Posts
That $775 price is close to the Boldr Expedition / Freediver series; perhaps one day I'll consider them.
100M is OK for me (but it is my minimum). Excuse my ignorance - is its H10 movement a decent time keeper? I did a very quick check and I really liked its 80 hour reserve.

I've often looked at the Eco Drives; I love the idea but prefer something more utilitarian - and less complex (minus all those inner dials). A 60+ year friend has one; we met in Jamaica last week - he worried himself to death over it, he just couldn't get it wet while my Boldrs went swimming everyday. He locked his up when unattended while mine lay open on the table.

I believe my current tastes favor somewhat larger watches than quartz typically provides (excluding those hideously large G Shocks). Yesterday I dug in to my watch casket and several quartz ones were still ticking, within reasonable correct time. Several dead autos lay idle. Only one watch (another dead auto) glowed Chernobel bright, it's tritium fired.

·
Super Moderator
18,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That $775 price is close to the Boldr Expedition / Freediver series; perhaps one day I'll consider them.
100M is OK for me (but it is my minimum). Excuse my ignorance - is its H10 movement a decent time keeper? I did a very quick check and I really liked its 80 hour reserve.

I've often looked at the Eco Drives; I love the idea but prefer something more utilitarian - and less complex (minus all those inner dials). A 60+ year friend has one; we met in Jamaica last week - he worried himself to death over it, he just couldn't get it wet while my Boldrs went swimming everyday. He locked his up when unattended while mine lay open on the table.

I believe my current tastes favor somewhat larger watches than quartz typically provides (excluding those hideously large G Shocks). Yesterday I dug in to my watch casket and several quartz ones were still ticking, within reasonable correct time. Several dead autos lay idle. Only one watch (another dead auto) glowed Chernobel bright, it's tritium fired.

:) It seems like the movement’s accuracy ranges a little bit Wrascal.
Anywhere from +/-5 second per day to +/-15 seconds a day it looks
like. (y) ..It’s funny how there can be such a difference right?!

And on the Eco-Drives sir, there actually are some very simple three
handlers which are affordable. 😉 But you are right, there are quite
a few complex looking chronographs as well. ..It does seem like they
make something for everyone though. From neat field watches, pilots,
dive watches, and dress watches. To out of this world cool wild childs.
All in various sizes, with impressive lume.

·
Senior Freek
1,520 Posts

You can get Citizen Eco-Drive dive watches with 200M water resistance for around $300

Here’s one example:

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Font

·
Vendor
Seiko
10 Posts
You can get Citizen Eco-Drive dive watches with 200M water resistance for around $300

Here’s one example:

View attachment 144156

If you're interested in purchasing a watch that is functionally equivalent to what we sell, you can do so on our website for only $203.
Citizen Promaster Marine Eco-Drive Diver's Analog Display BN0158-18X 2 - Bezel Case Dial
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Clock Rectangle

1 - 10 of 10 Posts