Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think about this watch. Looks something new on the market. They are promising great specs for value (pre-order 545usd on crowfunding).

ETA 2824-2
1000m
45,5mm
sapphire crystal
superluminova
ceramic bezel

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Lots a nice details, but too large with 57mm lug to lug...combined with almost 46mm in diameter

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Lots a nice details, but too large with 57mm lug to lug...combined with almost 46mm in diameter

I agree, I think it is a nice looking diver.
While large, I could deal with the case width, but that L2L is a killer for me.
I think it will wear huge.

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
"Looks" good from pics. Specs good. Seeing the real deal and the fit and finish will be important. Another brand that popped up out of nowhere and doing indegoggo instead of Kickstarter. Will have to wait and see if they are a fly by night or wanting to have a legit company and if the watch looks and feels as good in person

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Nice h20 orca one sided bracelet ;)

Inspired I mean :p

I do like the bezel though. Looks sharp.

·
Registered
4,217 Posts
57 LTL...Really? I think my wrist (which is a large one, btw) is around 55 from one side to the other. A 57mm case would look like a little umbrella on me.

·
Registered
11,016 Posts
Nice h20 orca one sided bracelet ;)

Inspired I mean :p

I do like the bezel though. Looks sharp.

And an H2O Orca inspired "Classic" case too

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
Just read they are from Slovenia, the brand name is Scandinavian, model name Italian...

Diameter is actually 43.3, 46 including crown guards (why would you include crown guards in the measurement? ) and 46.6 mm long + the curved down lugs, so shouldn't wear that bad I guess.

·
Registered
3,662 Posts
Overall nothing earth shattering but does look like a great watch especially for the price. What I don't understand is with eta limiting movements how does a starter acquire enough movements and be able to offer at a price south of $600.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Nice looking watch, although for a dive watch with 1000m WR one would expect it to have lume on the bezel too. This one seems to have it on the pip only.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'd have to question where they're getting movements too.
Larger microbrands can't secure supply so how can this start-up get them in sufficient numbers to produce this model.
Other then that it's a nice piece that i do like, sadly my wallet says NO!!
Pricing after the pre-order will be closer to 750 though so prices me out completely.
*NOTE
Also the Indiegogo campaign is the flexible funding type, where they receive your funds whether the goal is reached or not, now if the set goal has been arrived at asthe figure needed to facilitate manufacture, if it's not reach where is funding coming from to complete the pieces pre-ordered ??

Chris

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
thank you for the comments. i like the size and the specs. cant find better for 500€
they said the production will start soon, probably after ny

·
Premium Member
19,341 Posts
A few comments to some replies above.

First, please be aware, and to many that know me, know I'm blunt, and have no stake in this or other brands.

But, movements such as ETA can be secured. Other newer brands have gotten them as well. You just have to know the right supplier who has the stock, they are out there.

Second, as far as Lume on a bezel, it's a gimmick. Cool and fun to look at, but most real dive watches (Seiko, Citizen, Rolex, etc have never had lumed bezels and still don't. Lumed bezels is a gimmick to sell to desk divers that has come around in the past 5 years or so. It offers no functionality for diving nor does it do anything to help tell the time in the dark for us desk divers.

·
Registered
117 Posts
A few comments to some replies above.

First, please be aware, and to many that know me, know I'm blunt, and have no stake in this or other brands.

But, movements such as ETA can be secured. Other newer brands have gotten them as well. You just have to know the right supplier who has the stock, they are out there.

Second, as far as Lume on a bezel, it's a gimmick. Cool and fun to look at, but most real dive watches (Seiko, Citizen, Rolex, etc have never had lumed bezels and still don't. Lumed bezels is a gimmick to sell to desk divers that has come around in the past 5 years or so. It offers no functionality for diving nor does it do anything to help tell the time in the dark for us desk divers.

yeah, actually I think lumed bezels are irritating in the dark. I have so many things lit up on the watch ...I can't tell the time. But that is me.

·
Registered
5,180 Posts
Just read they are from Slovenia, the brand name is Scandinavian, model name Italian...

Diameter is actually 43.3, 46 including crown guards (why would you include crown guards in the measurement? ) and 46.6 mm long + the curved down lugs, so shouldn't wear that bad I guess.

Those measurements seem much more friendly than earlier reports. It's not bad at all actually.

I wouldn't mind one if these. $545 USD for an ETA powered micro diver. I like the design, case reminds me of the old school Omega designs from the 70's and very similar to the Prometheus Tirereme for the same reason. Albeit without the fully hooded lugs.

Personally I would prefer a dial without the 12-3-6-9 just based on its vintage inspiration, although not a deal breaker.

Only thing is, I personally don't do crowd funding for completely new companies with no history. Never know who you're giving your money to and what their personal track record in bringing a product to market. Too many things can go wrong and it takes someone with a decent amount of experience to navigate all the different channels in manufacturing and logistics to deliver a quality product on time.

If I pick one up, it will be after they launch.

Overall, I really do like the design and can see them having success, if they hit their dates and quality expectations.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts