Watch Freeks banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone I’m delighted to be part of the forum. I got off to a rocky start but thanks to some kind folks I’m finding my way now. My name is Johnny and I run a film production company. I have always had a love for watches since my mother bought me a watch when I was 7. I have no idea what it was although I remember it looked like a diver. Well my little mind was transfixed and like many I spent lots of happy moments tinkering with broken watches just to see what was inside. I’ve always had a love for vintage watches even though my first watch of note was a G-SHOCK G-110-D which I purchased in 2006 and wore on my wedding day. It’s only recently through research that I found out that they only made that model for one year and so it’s become some what of a vintage piece in its own right.

I now have quite an eclectic collection from daily beaters like my Tissot V8 chrono to a seagull ocean star, an Aesop tourbion and a bulova lunar pilot amongst others.

I look forward to chatting with you and exchanging pictures of our purchases and heading your recommendations.

kind regards Johnny
Username H3110

·
Senior Freek
1,461 Posts
Just saw this post…so it’s not too old of a post to resurrect. I used to tinker with broken watches as a kid, but the thing is they weren’t broken until I tinkered with them! At least that’s how I remember it.
Welcome to the forum.

·
Super Moderator
16,911 Posts
Wow, yes, thanks for bumping this up Gary, because for
some reason I never saw Johnny’s post when he originally
made it. 😮 Honestly don’t know how this was missed by
me. 😟

WellI am, and we all are delighted to have you here with us
H3110 ! 😀 We are fortunate that you found us. ..I am only
sorry I missed this introduction of yours when you made it.
But hope you are still enjoying tinkering around, as well as
enjoying this amazing hobby ! 🙂

·
Senior Freek
1,461 Posts
Wow, yes, thanks for bumping this up Gary, because for
some reason I never saw Johnny’s post when he originally
made it. 😮 Honestly don’t know how this was missed by
me. 😟

WellI am, and we all are delighted to have you here with us
H3110 ! 😀 We are fortunate that you found us. ..I am only
sorry I missed this introduction of yours when you made it.
But hope you are still enjoying tinkering around, as well as
enjoying this amazing hobby ! 🙂
Yeah, I thought it was strange that an I
introduce yourself post went 6 months without a reply! But we know that time keeps ticking, ticking, ticking into the future

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.