Watch Freeks banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

Here is the actual first look and debut of the stainless steel re-issue as seen on Oceanictime. It's a lume junkies dream, the re-incarnation of the watch that started it all and launched the great company called H2O Watch.......the Kalmar 1 now in stainless steel.

Some of you may know that I had the great opportunity to visit last week in North Germany the H20 headquarters! I met the man behind the company and it was an experience that I will never forget. Timing was excellent as I was also able to pick up my pre ordered Kalmar 2 in Mokume Gane in the flesh and also help Clemens with the packaging of other customers watches. The amount of work and dedication Clemens puts into his company is nothing short of phenomenal and is a great privilege to have him part of this great community! Of course I could not leave both wrists empty and got this second watch assembled right before my eyes :)

So here is the configuration I left with! Shown here as the complete package one would receive when the orders open for this model next week. I call this one the "FRANKEN-MAR" Kalmar 1 SS. Watching it being hand assembled right before my eyes, this was the coolest watch purchase ever. I'll let Clemens provide the specific details as to what Kalmar 1 SS parts/configurations will be available when the order opens up on the H2O webstore next week.

This particular 'Franken-mar' configuration consists of the following:

--The new glossy black dial (no date) with shield markers for use with the crown at 9 o'clock (destro style) ! This new dial is such a beautiful rich deep glossy black that it looks liquid when you stare at it. It pairs beautifully with the glossy sapphire bezel insert.

--SS bezel with new black sapphire inlay and lumed white quarter 15 sec section with SS crown guards.

--Minimalist bronze bezel with bronze crown guards

--DLC bezel with new design sapphire inlay and orange quarter 15 sec section with DLC crown guards

The improvement over the original Kalmar v1 I noticed right away is the bezel action. The new Kalmar 1 SS now has a 120 click vs the 60 click bezel. There is virtually no bezel sloppiness you typically find with the 60 click bezels. Swapping bezels is a breeze with the simple 4 hex screw system. The tighter you go the tighter the bezel action is. Just make sure not to over tighten.

I know you want me to get to the good stuff, so get your hankies out and start wiping the drool already :)

So folks, get those PayPal accounts loaded because this is a package you don't want to miss out on!

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
Thanks Danny.

Incredible experience for you and an incredible watch.

Stunning photos as usual.

Wear it in good health bro.

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
wow Danny you sure get around! I hope that Clemens will welcome me next summer when I go to Germany! Im totally loving this watch. Im in on this preorder. Please Danny try to post more pics in your thread next time! We will talk soon my Brother!

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
Very cool Danny. Glad you finally got to see where your direct deposit goes.

Reactions: Danny T

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I just fainted and now I've come around again! I'm speechless, what an incredible watch! What is the going black market price for one perfectly fine kidney? :D

·
Banned
754 Posts
This is just ridiculously hot. Thanks for sharing, Orca Sensei.
What an awesome experience to be right there at the lab of the best micro out there with the man !
Very happy for you.

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Playing with the Kalmar 1 SS yet again lol. Hope Clemens starts the pre order for this by next week. You guys have to get in on this !! The bezel and crown swaps are so easy and quick you'll be wearing a new watch every other day flipping between the SS, DLC and Bronze parts. Here's what I call the 'liquid black' combo.

·
Banned
754 Posts
Just cane back to drool again. My favorite combo is the bronze one, surprisingly. Thought it would be the sexy quarter bezel but the bronze it's just ridiculously hot.

Are all 50 gonna be destro's?

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just cane back to drool again. My favorite combo is the bronze one, surprisingly. Thought it would be the sexy quarter bezel but the bronze it's just ridiculously hot.

Are all 50 gonna be destro's?
There will only be 1 destro option avail which is with the glossy black dial shown, all other dial options will be stanadard crown at 3 o'clock.

Danny

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Guessing these will be pricey. Will they have blue dials?

Sent from who wants to know?

I'm sure the blue dial will be available. Pricewise it should be a great value considering its SS this time and won't be as costly as the original titanium

1 - 20 of 26 Posts