Watch Freeks banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings!

First, my background-I WAS BANNED FROM WUS-Yes, BANNED-Reason being "Using Multiple Accounts", which I did, and they mailed me twice but I did not noticed and after explaining, no further news from WUS.

WOW, I was shocked. All my post and photos were legitimate. Used multiple accounts as I decided to chg usernames, and I did not post with the old usernames. Nothing more. I was enthusiastically posting many contributions, BUT was accused by some members for "speed posting to reach 100 post so that can post watches for sell!" Why so suspicious?

For me is OK, if they decidded to ban me forever. Being banned is nothing nowadays. No big deal. No more WUS for me. Dont even bother to create another username to join.

Glad I found this site. I am almost complete watch novice.

·
Super Moderator
1,378 Posts
Welcome onboard MoS!

I think I read that thread on WUS. Odd their reaction, but rules are rules and mods will mod and apply them (some are more accommodating than others ime). At the same time, WUS has a history of people making a lot of one word posts simply because they want to sell their watch there. So it's sort of understandable.

In any case, this place is a lot nicer than WUS in terms of atmosphere, a lot less drama (almost none) and everyone here is more or less friendly and only looking to talk about watches, whether cheap, expensive of anywhere in-between :)

As you say you're a watch novice, this is a great place to sit back and absorb knowledge.

Cheers,
FB

·
Watch Freek
1,038 Posts
Greetings!

First, my background-I WAS BANNED FROM WUS-Yes, BANNED-Reason being "Using Multiple Accounts", which I did, and they mailed me twice but I did not noticed and after explaining, no further news from WUS.

WOW, I was shocked. All my post and photos were legitimate. Used multiple accounts as I decided to chg usernames, and I did not post with the old usernames. Nothing more. I was enthusiastically posting many contributions, BUT was accused by some members for "speed posting to reach 100 post so that can post watches for sell!" Why so suspicious?

For me is OK, if they decidded to ban me forever. Being banned is nothing nowadays. No big deal. No more WUS for me. Dont even bother to create another username to join.

Don't tell anyone, but it happened to me as well. Some years ago I bought a watch in the belief it was genuine. I posted pictures of it and according to other members it wasn't. To this day I am still not sure, but don't own it anymore. Anyway, as a result I was banned. Since then I joined a few more times using different user emails and user names. I have now been a member for about 7 months, but am always waiting to be told I am banned again. Don't worry, they are always banning people, don't take it personally.

PS, I don't like G-Shocks or any electronic digital watches, but realise I am in the minority. Different strokes I suppose

·
Super Moderator
14,660 Posts
Well it's just THE best that you found us Master of Shock ! 😀

Sorry that happened to you, and you also Wiggles.🙁 Sounds
just crazy to me honestly, and I don't get it. But every time it
happens, it allows members like yourself to be more free, and
be freed up. Freed to enjoy the hobby the way you want to,
and hopefully meet up with old friends, and make some new
ones too. 🙂(y)

It's so nice that you are here. Welcome aboard !!!

·
6,401 Posts
Welcome to our humble abode. I cannot comment on ban reasons as it's impossible to hear both sides. What I absolutely don't like are people who only become a 'member' to sell a watch and use a forum as a vehicle for free advertising. That's not the main purpose but a convenience. I like banter, watch talk, silly talk and contemplating about life in general.

The mighty G-Shock is worthy to become part of any serious watch collection but even the all metal version(s) doesn't nake me want to buy one and that is fine as we all have our own preferences. I do own a number of LED watches because they represent a part of my youth and satisfy my 'nostalgia' urge so to speak.

·
Senior Freek
1,829 Posts
Welcome aboard! Been on both forums, and this one is where I settled.

I do love my G-Shocks, though they are still secondary to my mechanicals.

Looking forward to reading more of your posts!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the welcome all.

Right from the start, I can felt some hostility from "senior" forum members, but I kept my cool. Seen it all, been on various forums for nearly two decades. There seems to be "pressure" to show yur watches & to buy the watch, instead of just commenting, else they would question you.

I have explained via email the reason for my multiple user accounts-just to chg username, nothing more, If I wanted to "speed post" I would not change username right? Common sense. Anyway I also explained that I overlooked their earlier 2 messages. And that's it, no more response from them.

I just want to share my new hobby, that's all. I COULD have create a new user account to post there, but no, I would not beg them to let me post. Maybe they thought we would cry and moan and life death importance to us, but getting banned is nothing nowadays (maybe 10-20 years ago, was a big thing) I dont even bother to visit WUS now.

Life goes on, with or without WUS.

·
Senior Novice
3,284 Posts
Greetings MOS, thank you for the intro. I hate plastic watches, and digital watches, and black plastic digital watches.
It's amazing how appealing a piece of plastic and a digital face is.
I've seen suitcase size watch boxes full of G's, how many do you own? how many have you owned?
I just have a couple and love them, I've been through one of the plastic version pictured above and I'm loving my second one even today. I did have a bad experience with a gulf master, still their best ever in the looks department. Unfortunately, I enticed my best friend to buy the same watch, different distributor, same sorry issues. That was a sore disappointment. He still has his years later, and it still looks the part.
Make yourself at home and enjoy the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
At the moment I have "only" four Casio Gshocks+Edifices, all obtained less than 6 months. I never thought I would end up with more than ONE watch! Those guys at G-Shock really bad for yur wallet.

·
Aspiring Expert
2,054 Posts
Greetings!

Who hasn't been banned at WUS? lol

All it takes is a mind of your own...

Welcome aboard and have a Freeking good time! lol

·
Senior Novice
3,284 Posts
At the moment I have "only" four Casio Gshocks+Edifices, all obtained less than 6 months. I never thought I would end up with more than ONE watch! Those guys at G-Shock really bad for yur wallet.
Bad for the wallet good for the wrist.
A gentleman here picked up a steel G last year and I haven't stopped thinking about that one in particular. I'm a fan of many models (& the Eds) but most are just to large for me to enjoy.
Which is your favorite of the 4?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts