Watch Freeks banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
imported post

I've had a few watches need battery replacements within the last few weeks (must be the planets aligning, sunspots, or gremlins), so I figure it's about time for me to invest in a decent watch battery kit.

The Renata deluxe battery kit usually sells for over $200 (it's $243 on Amazon), but I found a seller on eBay with over 15,000 feedback, 99.9% rating, selling it for $150 + $15 UPS Ground shipping. Use Bing 8% Instant Cashback and that works out to $153 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Renata-Watch-Repair-Battery-Changing-Starter-Kit_W0QQitemZ140032916620QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item209a9cbc8c

Granted, most folks won't need all 225 watch batteries contained in the kit, but if you buy/sell/trade a wide variety of quartz watches, it's good to have a selection on hand. Plus you can always trade or sell the particular batteries you don't have a need for.

Even excluding the value of the tools that are included, that works out to $0.68 per battery net cost. I can't buy any watch battery for anything even close to that locally.

Kit includes:
  1. [align=left]225 Assorted Popular Watch batteries [/align]
  2. [align=left]46 types of batteries included covering 99 % of the sales [/align]
  3. [align=left]60 Drawer organizer display [/align]
  4. [align=left]Screw type case opener [/align]
  5. [align=left]Snap type Knife case opener [/align]
  6. [align=left]Quartz case opener [/align]
  7. [align=left]Plastic Tweezer [/align]
  8. [align=left]Metal Tweezer [/align]
  9. [align=left]Scratch Brush for cleaning [/align]
  10. [align=left]Flat head Screwdriver [/align]
  11. [align=left]Renata NEW Battery Size Selector [/align]
  12. [align=left]Cross Reference Guide [/align]
  13. [align=left]Watch battery tester [/align]
  14. [align=left]Renata Battery Sticker Poster [/align]
  15. [align=left]Metal Plier [/align]

·
Premium Member
25,154 Posts
imported post

Thank you for posting this. Good info and resource!

·
Banned
5,045 Posts
imported post

Yeah....I'm a dummy!!!!:eek::eek::eek:

Thanks Rick!

CJ

CurrentTime wrote:
Seattle wrote:
I am finding it very difficult to get on board with anything Renato related right now. Thanks for the info and I'm sure many appreciate it but I am still rinsing the vomit out of my mouth after reading Mr. Mink's "explanation"..........:(

CJ
:lol

It's Renata, not Renato! http://www.renata.com/

There are no LE #'s on these batteries!:t

·
Banned
556 Posts
imported post

radio shack sells them as a two pack.But again these have a shelf life.What are the chances that you will use 200 batteries?I'll replace batteries as needed and use the tools that I have.theres zero sense in paying 150.00 for cheap tools and a ton of cheap batteries.Half the problems I see on forums with replacing batteries is having to do it twice because the new battery was dead.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
imported post

dedward wrote:
radio shack sells them as a two pack.But again these have a shelf life.What are the chances that you will use 200 batteries?I'll replace batteries as needed and use the tools that I have.theres zero sense in paying 150.00 for cheap tools and a ton of cheap batteries.Half the problems I see on forums with replacing batteries is having to do it twice because the new battery was dead.
That's fine. More power to you. That doesn't negate the fact that someone else might find this price point attractive. Have a nice day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.